Add option for traditional Advanced Results page

jaddorf

The new version released today

On 4/16/2018 at 05:35, Stephen Piriform said:

Hey guys,

This is basically what we're working on for the May release. You'll have the option to default your cleaning results to one of three options:

1. Simple (the simplified 'Cleaning Summary')
  2. Advanced (as it used to be by default)
  3. Complete (full list of files)

So I installed the May release today and this function wasn't changed back. Will it be in the future?

8 hours ago, Kiwi said:

How to skip this window? I can't find any option. I just downloaded the latest version but it still shows this annoying window.

95tcyip.png

Yes.. annoying isn't it!

For now, until the promised Advanced Report options are 'soon' instigated (I was also really expecting it in this May release too!):

Go to 'Options'-->'Advanced' where you can tick the 'Show Cleaner results as a file list' box.

• Moderators
42 minutes ago, ldeveraux said:

The new version released today

So I installed the May release today and this function wasn't changed back. Will it be in the future?

Today's release was a hotfix for the chrome corruption.  The release has slightly delayed the next iteration of ccleaner.

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

Guest Stephen CCleaner

The v5.42 hotfix was released ahead of the v5.43 release because we felt that an urgent fix was needed for some users who were losing their Chrome preferences after a clean. I have explained the specifics of this bug in this post.

The v5.43 release, which contains the setting for the Cleaning Results, has been delayed for a few reasons:

1. Our testers needed to focus on the critical hotfix released mentioned above.
  2. The Windows 10 April Release (build 1803) contains a very nasty bug that can prevent Windows 10 from booting after the Font Cache is cleaned. While this cleaning rule is not enabled by default, we do believe that the severity of the issue is strong enough that we should delay the v5.43 release to add a temporary fix to prevent our users from encountering this issue.
  3. The Windows 10 April Release has resulted in compatibility issues with many software products, so we are spending some extra time to test it.

v5.43 is in final testing and will not be too much longer.

48 minutes ago, Stephen Piriform said:

The v5.42 hotfix was released ahead of the v5.43 release because we felt that an urgent fix was needed for some users who were losing their Chrome preferences after a clean. I have explained the specifics of this bug in this post.

The v5.43 release, which contains the setting for the Cleaning Results, has been delayed for a few reasons:

2. The Windows 10 April Release (build 1803) contains a very nasty bug that can prevent Windows 10 from booting after the Font Cache is cleaned. While this cleaning rule is not enabled by default, we do believe that the severity of the issue is strong enough that we should delay the v5.43 release to add a temporary fix to prevent our users from encountering this issue.
  3. The Windows 10 April Release has resulted in compatibility issues with many software products, so we are spending some extra time to test it.

Great, thanks for the update!

On 16.5.2018 at 18:24, nukecad said:

Have you actually read the above posts?

There is a change promissed for the next update which will let you pick which screen you see.

Yes it said it will come with the may release. I downloaded the version which was released in may and still didn't see any way to skip this message thats why I posted here.

8 hours ago, Stephen Piriform said:

Thanks for posting usefull information instead of bulls**t.

18 hours ago, Kiwi said:

Yes it said it will come with the may release. I downloaded the version which was released in may and still didn't see any way to skip this message thats why I posted here.

Thanks for posting usefull information instead of bulls**t.

Grow up Kiwi.

• Moderators

Moderator priorities are to keep the forum and its members in order.

Your priorities are to discuss matters in a civil manner as per forum rules - something you still aren't grasping. :huh:

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

11 minutes ago, mta said:

Moderator priorities are to keep the forum and its members in order.

Your priorities are to discuss matters in a civil manner as per forum rules - something you still aren't grasping. :huh:

You know what buddy, you can jog on. I came here to check if an issue had been fixed and it hadn't. Some clown started mouthing off, using foul language, I simply asked him to grow up. For some reason you need to pump your ego by extending your authority. If this is what you do in down time to cover up the fact that software issues and user complaints aren't being addressed, that's a Piriform problem. You can warn me, ban me, do what you must to prevent me from daring to ask someone to grow up. I hope it makes you warm and fuzzy to pick on the little guy.

• Moderators

Admins already aware of OP's issue - tick
Newbie insults member - tick
warn user - tick
Newbie re-offends - tick
Newbie banned - tick
feeling warm and fuzzy - tick :D

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

- Added preference to select the level of detail on the Cleaning Results screen 

options -> advanced -> cleaning results level of detail: -> advanced report

thanks for the good old cleaning results :) back to us

Versions of CCleaner Cloud; Introduction Ccleaner Cloud;

Ccleaner-->System-Requirements; Ccleaner FAQ´s; Ccleaner builds; Scheduling Ccleaner Free

Es ist möglich, keine Fehler zu machen und dennoch zu verlieren. Das ist kein Zeichen von Schwäche. Das ist das Leben -> "Picard"

Yes - a +1 on that effort/response. Thank you!

Unfortunately I am stuck with a Win 10 1803 Installation refusal and had to resort to the "Portable" workaround for CC. 4.52.

Will you later offer 4.53 and/or newer as a Portable build too please?

This will be a big help!

;)

Later Edit.. Thanks for the (latest) Portable Versions Update too. ;)