Add option for traditional Advanced Results page

jaddorf

I agree, please add "Advanced Option" to Settings so it can be the DEFAULT display.

Even more annoying is the slow speed.  

I analyze first.  I use Chrome so there is almost nothing on IE 11.  Still the icon spins and spins stuck on “IE history” for 15-20 seconds.  But the results show that it is “Temporary Internet Files” that had 1KB in 1 File. That is what slows down cleaning; analyzing is just as fast as it used to be.  But when running Ccleaner, it stalls on “IE History” for 15-20 seconds before it moves on and finishes.  Even if IE History is not listed after analysis that is the file Ccleaner stalls on.

Capture.JPG.2cac68e32701fc314bfdfe33e10c8e59.JPG

On 3/17/2018 at 15:58, Sonny Spears said:

Been user for years. Please add addition "Advanced Option" to Settings so it can be the DEFAULT display as it used to be. Otherwise thanks for the continuing development of a very useful application.

Let me just add my "me too" to the growing list.

Guest Stephen CCleaner

Hey guys,

Thank you all for your feedback. This is the first of many improvements designed to make the application more accessible to those who use it. CCleaner has a wide audience that comprises, on the one hand, users with very high computer literacy and, on the other hand, those who use their computers regularly but do not possess (or require) a technical understanding of operating systems, web browsers and other software.

We'll add in an option for setting your preferred view for cleaning results soon so you can control the level of detail.

I'll add my thanks for the option for setting a preferred view for cleaning results.  Perhaps something can be looked into as well regarding the speed of the cleaning operation?  The current version seems noticeably slower than in previous versions.

On 13/03/2018 at 19:32, jaddorf said:

Thanks for the latest 5.41 update.  The new "Summary" results page is nice, but the old Advaced Results page was just fine and is no doubt preferred by some of us longtime users.

Some things didn't need improvement  :)

There is an advanced option for results to appear as a file list, please either add an option to get the old advanced summary every run,  or at least preserve this user-selection for future runs if manually chosen.

Thanks!

CCleaner 2018-03-13 11_30_21.jpg

Yes !!

• Moderators

On 3/22/2018 at 22:03, azilkatze said:

I'll add my thanks for the option for setting a preferred view for cleaning results.  Perhaps something can be looked into as well regarding the speed of the cleaning operation?  The current version seems noticeably slower than in previous versions.

I agree with Azilkatze, along with the other issue, the latest release runs a lot slower. Just another reason NOT to use 5.41. 

Version 5.40 Pro, runs just fine for me. :) 

I too can not understand the thinking by dumbing down the interface. It worked just fine for me the way it was. I reinstalled the previous version to save my sanity. Hopefully they will see the error of their ways and fix this. Should be easy to give the user a choice. Why anyone would like the dumb version is beyond me, but with a choice everybody could be happy. Yes the extra click to get the favored view is irritating.

On 22.3.2018 at 14:17, Stephen Piriform said:

We'll add in an option for setting your preferred view for cleaning results soon so you can control the level of detail.

many thanks from me :)

Versions of CCleaner Cloud; Introduction Ccleaner Cloud;

Ccleaner-->System-Requirements; Ccleaner FAQ´s; Ccleaner builds; Scheduling Ccleaner Free

Es ist möglich, keine Fehler zu machen und dennoch zu verlieren. Das ist kein Zeichen von Schwäche. Das ist das Leben -> "Picard"

I agree with most comments. Allow users the option of selecting advanced summary view by default.  Much more useful than the 'New' default summary.  Pls don't make changes just for the sake of change. I don't consider this an improvement.  Like the majority of posters here, I prefer having the option to set the advanced summary view by default.  Otherwise, thank you for a very useful program.  

Guest Stephen CCleaner

Hey guys, none of this is change for change's sake. CCleaner has been developed and recommended for more than 10 years now and is a very 'broad church'. If you ask the average person what a 'cookie' or a 'thumbnail cache' is they simply won't know, yet the Advanced Report showed the cleaning results in these terms.

We believe (very strongly, in fact) that everyone should be able to enjoy the benefits of a clean PC. The design of the user interface will undergo change and we will be bold. If you do not like a change, simply let us know. The most effective way to get your point across is to explain what about a change makes your experience with CCleaner less pleasurable/productive/easy.

In the meantime, please keep the feedback coming. We are always listening!

• Moderators
7 hours ago, Stephen Piriform said:

Hey guys, none of this is change for change's sake. CCleaner has been developed and recommended for more than 10 years now and is a very 'broad church'. If you ask the average person what a 'cookie' or a 'thumbnail cache' is they simply won't know, yet the Advanced Report showed the cleaning results in these terms.

We believe (very strongly, in fact) that everyone should be able to enjoy the benefits of a clean PC. The design of the user interface will undergo change and we will be bold. If you do not like a change, simply let us know. The most effective way to get your point across is to explain what about a change makes your experience with CCleaner less pleasurable/productive/easy.

In the meantime, please keep the feedback coming. We are always listening!

So are you saying the new results 'graphics' are for users who don't understand anything and are essentially...well..thick?

The results have always been shown this way, and I think users expect and like to see them, whatever their level of expertise. Putting up cartoon like graphics and a couple of numbers isn't going to increase the understanding of what CCleaner is doing. All it seems to have done is annoy people :)

You say 'The design of the user interface will undergo change and we will be bold'

Then you say if you don't like the change let us know. I think with the advanced results panel change the users have spoke loud and clear. Glad to know that Piriform has listened but rather worried about what other user interface changes they have in the pipeline.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

There is a simple solution Piriform:  as you make changes / evolve the application, just be sure to make the tried-and-true interface readily available to those who prefer it.  People don't like change, particularly when it is cosmetic and not increased functionality.

Add and make changes as you see fit - it's your app - but this post and the flurry of "upvotes" should let you know that your installed-base expects changes to have a "not me" button.

Thanks for your responsiveness. 

Best/jim

8 minutes ago, hazelnut said:

So are you saying the new results 'graphics' are for users who don't understand anything and are essentially...well..thick?

The results have always been shown this way, and I think users expect and like to see them, whatever their level of expertise. Putting up cartoon like graphics and a couple of numbers isn't going to increase the understanding of what CCleaner is doing. All it seems to have done is annoy people :)

You say 'The design of the user interface will undergo change and we will be bold'

Sadly this is exactly what I expected when Avast took over Piriform. When I saw the new results graphics I knew it had started, the change towards CCleaner becoming another flashy fronted, dumbed down, identikit cleaner (ie "will undergo change and we will be bold") - make it look fancy to try to sell more, regardless of whether it's of use to actual users. Next step after that dumbing down in a couple of years, style and brand it as Avast cleaner. And/or integrate it into an Avast utility program or Avast AV and CCleaner becomes ancient history. CCleaner did not become a massive success DESPITE it's basic look, that was entirely PART of it's success.

And hiding results of a clean does nothing to help so called "average users". "If you ask the average person what a 'cookie' or a 'thumbnail cache' is they simply won't know". I actually disagree but, regardless, the current change means they don't even know those things exist. If they see it in the results list they can google and find out, and perhaps learn the effects. Hiding that from them means they know nothing, can learn nothing and can have no idea of possible consequences of the things they don't know were cleaned.

Oh and let's not also forget the removal of links to the builds/portable version on the download page, another recent anti-user move.

It's a classic route that is taken whenever a large company takes over a smaller successful one - small company becomes successful/attractive, large company takes over, thinks they can do better despite the small company having done an amazing job to beat the odds and become successful in the first place, interfered with product becomes less successful, then large company dumps it cos for some reason it's no longer providing the value it was before they interfered.

I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that I will be proved wrong, but the signs so far suggest otherwise :unsure:

• Moderators

I think it would be useful if Piriform/Avast would just ask the user base first before implementing a huge change, and subsequently getting the kind of backlash this topic has resulted in - I think going by the Porsche design approach of evolution instead of revolution should be taken and if it were it's unlikely to result into backlash.

I don't think it would be difficult for Piriform to start an official topic, and give screenshots of a design mock-up without fully committing upon it from the get go that we could all vote upon and then give feedback on - although I seriously doubt that would ever happen however if it were to happen it could be ground breaking as I don't know of any developer ever doing such a thing.

The new version 5.41 is drastically slower than 5.40, and it has two useless icons 'Privacy & 'Junk'. I went back to version 5.40 and will stay here unless they change what made this so slow. Also get rid of the dumb icons or make an option to not use them.

20 hours ago, jaddorf said:

You don’t impress anyone by not being constructive.

I don’t know if you’re even a paying user, but only constructive comments are welcome here either way.

All is well. I like Piriform software, and people who use it are intelligent.

Edited by J_R_C
Better comments.