Best Work around

methodman3000

I would say its been about 2 months that I noticed my Graphics directory with all my clip art  disappeared that had all of my photographic and clip art in it.  I took me about 2 months to create,  What is my best option? I was hoping to use Recurva to find that directory and restore all my clipart Art express Corel Draw probably about 1 million images  and stuff like that?  Is that suitable to do with Recurva.  And how do I begin.  I have a 2 terrabyte HD which I partitioned into a C and D file and my C partition  HD is about 50% full.  Is it easier to try to recover the files or Faster to just bite it and reinstall all my disks.

• Moderators

If it's two months since deletopn, on the system drive, and there's a million images, I tink that there will be very little chance that you will recover a substantial amount of those images. And if you did then identifying and reinstating the others would be a horrendous task. I would reinatall.

I do two main things on this computer I make midi music, and so I have my VST's all setup to work.  But would I be wiser to Reinstall the photo side of things all of my photo clipart programs I paid for like Twisted Brush, Corel Photoshop,  and photoImpact t still work but the graphics file have disappeared .   to create a second account for a new desktop for this and install these programs there or on my now desktop  just reinstall everything.  This computer has been very stable and I don't want to wreck that.

• Moderators

Presumably you could just copy/reload the clipart files from disc(s) rather than reinstalling everything?

OR

You could take the time to try and recover the clipart files, and if (probably when if you have been using the disc for 2 months) not sucessful then get them from disc.

Seems faster to me just to reload the clipart from disc.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043