NVMe Support?

xtreme469

Hello,

Speccy Professional reports an NVMe drive as "Samsung SSD 960 PRO 512GB (Unknown)". It doesn't report the temperature or any of the other smart attributes either. Works great on everything else just not NVMe drives. Other programs like Hard Drive Sentinel or PerfectDisk report all the info without a problem. Could we please get an update?

Thanx,

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I have the same issue with Speccy v1.32.740 which reports "S.M.A.R.T. not available" for the Toshiba KBG40ZNS256G NVMe SSD in my Dell Inspiron 15 5584 (purchased August 2019), even though CrystalDiskInfo has no problem displaying the SMART attributes.  See my 22-Apr-2020 images in ZloboMiR's 19-Feb-2020 thread No SSD NVM Info.
----------------
64-bit Win 10 Pro v1909 build 18363.720 * Firefox ESR v68.7.0 * Windows Defender v4.18.2003.8 * Speccy Portable v1.32.740
Dell Inspiron 15 5584, Intel i5-8265U@1.60/1.80 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Toshiba KBG40ZNS256G SSD, Intel UHD Graphics 620

• 9 months later...

FYI: Piriform's Speccy program was taking several minutes just to analyse what was in the new PC when my old PC took less than 2 seconds.

In Dec 2020, on my old PC, Speccy suddenly started to also take several minutes to complete the analysis.  I discovered that the D drive (a Sata III HDD) was faulty and despite running chkdsk d: /r several times, it appeared to immediately develop a fault again. Worse, Speccy reported the drive as being okay.  I replaced the drive with another Sata III HDD and Speccy would once again analysis the entire PC in under two seconds (An i7 4770K with its 16GB of DDR3 ram, 500GB Sata III C drive and 1TB Sata III D drive).

That made me very suspicious about the long times that Speccy was also taking to analyse the new PC and I eventually realised that although there were two or three issues, they were different.  FYI Speccy does not know about DDR4 ram and it also does not know about the latest interface PCIe 4.0 interface on our M.2 NVMe SSD drives, such as the Samsung 980 PRO 1TB M.2 Gen 4 NVMe SSD nor can it analyse their smart attributes.  As a result, it takes several minutes trying to analysis a PC and it then reports these as unknown connections, unknown ram and also does not list the smart attributes or the various status's of the disks.

At this stage Piriform's Speccy is simply no good on an upmarket PC and I have turned to other programs