Folders in recycle bins remain

Each of my internal and external hard drives has a folder named $RECYCLE.BIN.  I would expect CCleaner to empty these bins.  But folders remain.  Some are very old, and all have long names, starting with characters such as "S-1-5-18"  I do not know for certain, but these may be old backup files from an application that I no longer use, having gone over to Macrium.  Why do you suppose that Ccleaner does not delete these folders in the $RECYCLE.BINs in the several hard drives?

Ccleaner recycle bin C.pdf

Ccleaner recycle bin B.pdf

Ccleaner recycle bin A.pdf

• Moderators

Folders in the Recycle Bin are normal, at least they were on Windows XP.

Also if you were for instance on something like Windows XP or whatever other version, then for instance plug in your external drive into a Windows 10 computer they each have their own separate/unique Recycle Bins. The different OSes and any 3rd party cleaning utilities running on a particular OS will ignore another OSes Recycle Bin not associated with it - at least that's what I've observed on my external USB hard disk which isn't too much of an issue to manually delete the contents of, if whatever version of Windows you're using at the time doesn't lock you out of doing such.