New Version Deletes Cookies

JMH

Hi Guys!

I use MSN Hotmail many times a day. I also use CCleaner several times a day.

After installing the latest version a few days ago I find that after running the cleaner I have to re-enter my username and p/w to log into my Hotmail acct.

I have saved all the usual cookies from before but now this and I don't know what cookies? to save or?

Thanks! JMH

Hi Guys!

I use MSN Hotmail many times a day. I also use CCleaner several times a day.

After installing the latest version a few days ago I find that after running the cleaner I have to re-enter my username and p/w to log into my Hotmail acct.

I have saved all the usual cookies from before but now this and I don't know what cookies? to save or?

Thanks! JMH

What browser are you using?

It's not CCleaner's fault. MSN changed the cookie name (last week?). It's no longer passport ... you can remove that from your Save list.

The one that saves your username is login.live

It's not CCleaner's fault. MSN changed the cookie name (last week?). It's no longer passport ... you can remove that from your Save list.

The one that saves your username is login.live

Thanks! I'll try that.

It deletes a lot of cookies. It deleted the cookie for an online game auction site I go to.

Actually, I no longer clean cookies with CCleaner.

I found that CleanCache lets you list cookies to save in a way that better handles those that alternate during sessions, e.g., news.google[1] then news.google[2] then back to news.google[1]. Because the save list will retain the name of a cookie you don't currently have, you just list the whole rotation pattern (I had one site that went from [1] to [3] before repeating).