i gotta keylogger...

TheFiresInTheSky

i'm sorry for asking but, what is that? it looks like a setup for an e-mail client.

I have the same question as JohnDemolition. We need more info Aaron. ;)

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

sorry about that, im not sure if its that program. its on a keylogger and thats the part where you can set it up so when you put it on a puter, it automatically sends out the details ever so often...

He installed it to track what people are doing on his machine. (I'm not sure why, but it's Aaron so I don't ask anymore. LOL)

The settings are fixed too. He just didn't know how to configure the smtp settings.

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

He installed it to track what people are doing on his machine.

OK, I can understand that. I'd still go for logging to a local file ... once it's sent over the internet, you can't ever be sure it won't surface someplace.

OK, I can understand that. I'd still go for logging to a local file ... once it's sent over the internet, you can't ever be sure it won't surface someplace.

Agreed, I wouldn't trust any keylogger program that sends the keylogged information across the internet. Although having said that I'm not sure I'd trust ANY keylogger :unsure:

surface someplace? what do you mean?

I'll leave it to others to give a fuller answer but think of some of the info that could be logged (passwords etc), would you really be happy having that travelling across the internet to potentially anywhere or anyone?

1. Anything you send over the internet leaves a trail of copies you can't control. Your keylogger sends the logs by e-mail so there will be copies on the sending e-mail server, the receiving e-mail server, etc. Your ISP will retain their copies for several years (they are required to by law).

2. Various government agencies monitor e-mail traffic for keywords.

3. Are you sure you can trust the program? The tale is apocryphal but ... supposedly there was a freeware file shredder that e-mailed a copy of the files first. :lol:

i trust mine, its freeware for the most part. you can pay to see the passwords it logs. i trust mine but its not like im using my computer to make plans for atomic weapons then send them to my email. you cant get in trouble if you dont do anything and if this one could log stuff, whose to say theres not one on your computer right now?

you cant get in trouble if you dont do anything
Agreed, but krit said you were monitoring other people. Can what they do get you in trouble? Can you get in trouble for monitoring them (I don't know your privacy laws)? If their confidential info gets leaked because of your actions, are you liable?

if it is YOUR computer, then its your stuff on it. if someone gets on your computer and does something, its their problem and you have the right to monitor them. its not like im monitoring the FBI or something, its only my brother, cmon, hes only 11...