The Bible

spacer.gif

God has always been here and always will be.

Because ? If you can't prove God's existance, I don't need prove his non-existance.

THEN WHO CREATED MAN?
Some random asteroid that had molecules in it that could adapt to earth's climate.

You need to have more faith to believe that we just "evolved" from a pile of molecules than to believe that we were created by a supreme God
Actually we are very near to be able to create human organisms and life does come from molecules or you're contradicting your very own existence.

Is it possible to believe in God yet despise all religions?
Yes and it's called Agnotism.

IF YOU READ THE BIBLE, IT SPEAKS NO LIES.
It claims the existence of a supreme divine entity. Lie #1.

IF YOU CAN FIND ONE THING IN THE BIBLE THAT HASNT, OR WONT COME TRUE
The bible is full of vague metaphors and is open for interpretation by anyone, anytime, anywhere.

Like I stated before, there is no way to disprove a God.
There is no way to prove its existence neither. If you can't prove its existence, there is no need to prove its non-existence.

Because ? If you can't prove God's existance, I don't need prove his non-existance.

what created the earth?

Some random asteroid that had molecules in it that could adapt to earth's climate.

then where did those molecules come from?

Man in his attempt to worship God, established a ritual, practice, religion to fulfill that purpose. Did God really want us to form a religion? I don't think so. He wanted a personal relationship with us. He had it with Adam, Eve, Enoch, Abraham, Moses, the Old Testament prophets. Ultimately he sent his Son, Jesus to do that as well - he lived with us, felt as one of us, wept as one of us (and with us) and died for us in order to restore that relationship back to God. It's a matter of the heart. :)

There is no way to prove its existence neither. If you can't prove its existence, there is no need to prove its non-existence.

There are a lot things we can't prove the existence of. Needless to say, evolution and "Big Bang" are two of them, but yet you continue to passionately believe in those silly, illogical ideas.

Like I mentioned before, BOTH God and evolution can't be proven. So according to your comment above, that means that there is no need to prove the non-existence of either of them, so you are admitting that you feel the existence of God, as well as evolution, are false ideas. But I disagree.

We believed in the existence of atoms far before we could prove them. If we had chosen to abandon atomic research because "there is no need to prove its non-existence" then think of all of the discoveries that would have been wasted!

That is why it is better to accept something as potentially true until you can prove it otherwise. Every single discovery ever made was at one time unable to be proven.

Evolution and God are both just as likely to be proven, but evolution is far more likely to be disproven. So until someone gives me some facts that speak up for evolution, I feel that I should go with the more logical and reasonable choice: God.

Save a tree, eat a beaver.

Save a tree, wipe with an owl.

Every time a bell rings, a thread gets hijacked!

ding, ding!

Give Andavari lots of money and maybe even consider getting K a DVD-RW drive.

If it's not Scottish, IT'S CRAP!!!

he makes damn good copy and paste. j/k, but religion is man made, to satiate mans need for security. Aaron, you can't really argue about Big Bang, i dont want to be condescending to you but your only 14, I've read multiiple books on Big Bang, too bad I cant remember a DAMN thing from those books, haha, but yeah, how bout the formation of earth and the ozone, the bubble theories, that brought, ithink sulphur, and oxygen from the ocean floor geysers, and rose to the surface, but to make a long story short, you need to come from the other side, if you want to debate, you just cant ask questions, you need to know those answers and use them in your question.

Disprove evolution! So your gonna go piss on all those archealogical discoveries, of the skeletons of austropolithicus skeletons, neanderthal, and homo erectus skeletons, that clearly show the evolution of man. EVOLUTION IS RIGHT THERE, you can't turn a blind eye to it, and say it never existed. EVOLUTION happened, just look at the skeletons, and the obvious ties, our DNA is 99% similiar to monkey dna

IPB Image

Insert random C4 joke here.

pretty interusting. I just dont get how people can believe that we evolved from nothing. It just doesnt seem possible. Im open to suggestions tho.

but religion is man made

I agree that religion is man made. But that has nothing to do with the Bible or the existence of God.

Act 17:22 Then Paul stood in the midst of Mars' hill, and said, "Ye men of Athens, I perceive that in all things ye are too religious." deisidaimonesteros

Nowhere does God command religion.

he makes damn good copy and paste. j/k

Actually, I came up with those on my own. I had all 12 brain cells working overtime on that one. :P

but religion is man made, to satiate mans need for security. Aaron, you can't really argue about Big Bang, i dont want to be condescending to you but your only 14, I've read multiiple books on Big Bang, too bad I cant remember a DAMN thing from those books, haha, but yeah, how bout the formation of earth and the ozone, the bubble theories, that brought, ithink sulphur, and oxygen from the ocean floor geysers, and rose to the surface, but to make a long story short, you need to come from the other side, if you want to debate, you just cant ask questions, you need to know those answers and use them in your question.

Disprove evolution! So your gonna go piss on all those archealogical discoveries, of the skeletons of austropolithicus skeletons, neanderthal, and homo erectus skeletons, that clearly show the evolution of man. EVOLUTION IS RIGHT THERE, you can't turn a blind eye to it, and say it never existed. EVOLUTION happened, just look at the skeletons, and the obvious ties, our DNA is 99% similiar to monkey dna

True, religion is man-made. But you also realize that evolution is man-made, as well as Big Bang. Charles Darwin wasn't "divinely inspired". He just made up a hypothesis. I have also read literature stating ways that we can currently disprove evolution!

Here is one interesting page that I found searching right now:

http://www.unmaskingevolution.com/book.htm

Here is a quote from it:

The speed of rotation of the earth is gradually slowing down due mainly to the gravitational pull of the sun and moon. If the earth is billions of years old, then the spin of the earth would have had to have been so fast at the start, that the continents would have been forced to the equator and the planet would be flatter rather than oval-shaped.
There are other interesting points given on that page as well, and you can read the book (as a PDF) for free.

Facts like that prevent evolution from being a "theory". It is still a hypothesis, because no one can reason away those facts. Now, of course, you could tell me that my sources are bad, and that that book is full of lies, but then I could say the same about your "sources" which you don't list. The only way for me to truly disprove evolution is for me to go out and re-run all of these tests.

As far as all of the skeletons go, that isn't proof in the slightest. Fragments of skeletons are found, and for some reason, that is considered a good enough reason to teach a disproven hypothesis in schools. I have seen no facts, just hypotheses and ideas. That isn't enough to make it a theory. And if the only transitional forms of creatures that evolutionists can find are ones they create (see link), then that is a theory that I won't be putting my trust in!

Save a tree, eat a beaver.

Save a tree, wipe with an owl.

Every time a bell rings, a thread gets hijacked!

ding, ding!

Give Andavari lots of money and maybe even consider getting K a DVD-RW drive.

If it's not Scottish, IT'S CRAP!!!

I'm not on either side of this argument but I don't like to see pseudo-scientific arguments.

The speed of rotation of the earth is gradually slowing down due mainly to the gravitational pull of the sun and moon. If the earth is billions of years old, then the spin of the earth would have had to have been so fast at the start, that the continents would have been forced to the equator and the planet would be flatter rather than oval-shaped.

The earth is slowing down at the rate of about 0.005 seconds per year per year. If the earth is 4.6 billion year old, this means that the day started out about 14 hours long. The molten blob at that time would have been slightly more oblate than it is now but the earth is still a semi-molten blob so it's shape adjusts and the continents still move.

Note that Jupiter's day is less than 10 hours and although it's an oblate, it's not obvious. The equatorial radius/polar radius ratio is only 1.07.

not at all. but its simply a snake attempting to eat its tail. It cant win. And neither can anyone in this discussion. There is no end to it. After studying dozens of religions, different scientific theories, etc. I have come to the realization, that it is all for naught. I mean, there are many problems in life that i CAN solve-so leave the big ones for the deities and archemedes. :)

I just dont get how people can believe that we evolved from nothing. It just doesnt seem possible.

Agreed!!!!!! ;)

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

I consider myself to be a scientific and down to earth person so I would really prefer to believe in evolution. However, evolution in my mind can't explain the following:

I'm a green lizard sitting on a brown tree. I think to myself: "Gee, if I could turn brown I would be harder to see." Many years later I can change from green to brown, other colors, and back again when I need to.

I can understand evolution and natural selection favoring browner lizards over greener ones in an area with mostly brown trees. But the ability to change colors, either willfully or autonomically seems to be something that must be in some way given, rather than attained by evolution, natural selection, or wishfull thinking.

One of the more common responses to questions of how evolution or natural selection can cause such major changes in plants and animals is that it happens over millions of years. In my opinion, some of the changes and adaptations in nature may have evolved over the years to their present state, but in many cases what incurred the original appearance of an entirely new trait, ability, function, or adaptation has not yet been explained in a rational way.