Are changes lost? Defrag continues when CPU sleeps?

Govs

Morning! I'm new here. I've read some previous posts but would like specific answers to:
1) If I click the "Stop" button during a defrag, are the corrections made to that point "lost" and the files revert back to how they were before the defrag request?
2) If the Windows Power Options initiate Windows to "put the computer to sleep", will Defraggler keep running? 
     Does the answer to this question change depending on whether it's running on Settings>Priority>Normal versus Settings>Priority>Background?
     I ran mine last night on "Normal" for 6 hours while I slept and still see no noticeable change.

Context: I intend to do an "In-Place" Windows upgrade from Vista (yes, I heard the "moans") to Windows 7, and "logic" suggested I defrag the Windows folder to
help mitigate any potential problems. My Defragmenting has been "stuck" at 73% for over a day. The process is "spinning" and I see file activity at the bottom of the
screen, but this is still taking forever. I did the Settings>Options>Advanced>CustomSettings>Define>Exclude+Exclude and Settings>Options>Advanced>StopVSS>OK
settings adjustments before I ran it. Maybe these adjustments don't invoke on a folder defrag, only on a full Drive C defrag request.
Oh knowledgeable ones, please help me. 
Thanks, Dave

- When you hit the "Stop" button then all changes made by DF up to that point will remain intact.

- When your computer/CPU is "sleeping" then DF will be "asleep" as well. The program won't close but it won't continue to defrag as well.

- Defragging the system folders first would certainly increase the succes of an upgrade, IMO.

- When you upgrade from Vista to Win 7 then the Win 7 installation program will place all Vista system files/folders (like "c:\program files", " c:\programdata", "c:\users") in a separate folder called "c:\Windows.old". These files won't be moved or removed (physically). You have to manually delete these files if you want.

- You can tell DF to move all system files (see folders mentioned above) towards the beginning of the drive. Add all the folders on your HD to the exclude list (in the "options" menu) but don't add the folders & files that have to be moved towards the beginning of the drive, to that same "Exclude" list. then select "Defrag Free space".

- I went one step further. I also moved all non-system folders & files to the end of the drive as much as possible. DF has some options to achieve that.

System setup: http://speccy.piriform.com/results/gcNzIPEjEb0B2khOOBVCHPc

A discussion always stimulates the braincells !!!

Thanks for the great info. Super helpful for not only my "project" but learning Defraggler as well.
I'm pretty sure my  "put the computer to sleep" time was set no later than an hour, so no wonder nothing happened overnight.
   (I've set it to "never" until I get this "prep" work done for the upgrade.)
I can tell from the comments and questions that Defraggler is an exceptional software, and I really look forward to learning it inside and out. 
Thanks again for the 12 out of 10 response, Willy2. Have a great weekend!  

- Well, as you may have noticed reading the threads, DF still has some "odd things". E.g. the combination of VSS and DF is sometimes a "troublesome one". Sometimes DF has a (slightly) "different view on reality". But if you know how to handle the program and deal with those odd things then it's a very useful program.

System setup: http://speccy.piriform.com/results/gcNzIPEjEb0B2khOOBVCHPc

A discussion always stimulates the braincells !!!