Not a good idea

TheMe

When I installed an update to CCleaner, I saw the box for installing the "Avast" anti-virus just as I clicked the install option for CCleaner. It is checked by default. Well, it not only installed the Avast anti-virus software, but it disabled the Malwarebytes software I had which runs automatically on start up. I uninstalled the Avast software, but my Malwarebytes software would not come up. I finally checked the Services list, and I fould the Mawarebytes service had been disabled! I really think it takes a lot of nerve to install this anti-virus trial version on my PC, and disable something that I have running. And in a way that takes searching to see what is going on. Just my two cent's worth.

No offence dvdbane, but stating the obvious does not discount my point. Which is, don't push something you are trying to sell down someone's throat. Especially in a way that causes problems in their system. It is not a way that makes me want to purchase this software in any manner. 

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Stephen CCleaner

Hi TheMe,

I apologise that this has occured. We are investigating an issue affecting some users where the offer is not displayed immediately on the 'Install' screen.

Any details you can share would be greatly appreciated and will assist us in reproducing, diagnosing and ultimately fixing the issue. Please visit the thread below to stay updated and share any specifics of your situation. I note, for example, that you are the second user reporting this who has Malwarebytes installed.

I will close this thread now so we can direct other affected users to a single source of information and discussion.

• Guest locked this topic