Anyone else having problems updating?

vsndesigns

• Moderators

I saw your other topic about too.

I did leave a post in our staff only area that the admins do look into for links we leave pointing to important posts on the forum. However I will now also send an admin a PM.

Guest Stephen CCleaner

When the certificate expired we changed the entity that signs the certificate to a slightly different company name. The automatic update performs a check against this name and because it changed, it failed.

To resolve this, and due to the concerns of having users on expired security certificates, we performed an emergency update that automatically updated users to the version with the valid certificate. If you have disabled the emergency update executable, this update would not have been performed and you'd be caught in an update loop as you describe. The solution is to manually update to the latest version by downloading it from our website: https://download.ccleaner.com/slim/ccsetup554_slim.exe

If you download the Free version it will automatically upgrade itself to Pro if it detects a valid license.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Andavari. But there has been no response as of 3/26/19 @ 9:53 CST USA

See ya

Ron

• Moderators
9 hours ago, Dreamer4276 said:

Thanks Andavari. But there has been no response as of 3/26/19 @ 9:53 CST USA

See ya

Ron

Can I make a suggestion so that you can help yourself receive better help. Try to limit posting for help in just one topic. With the multiple posts you've made desperately seeking help in different topics it would be difficult for Piriform to keep up with your help requests. Just a suggestion, and I hope they help you!