Passwords not clearing and cookie problem.

Judesman

Since I installed the Fall Creators update my passwords are not clearing and I remain logged into websites when I run CCleaner and delete saved passwords in IE. Obviously some cookies aren't clearing either because when I delete them using CCleaner as well as deleting manually in IE my visited websites appear as adverts on web pages I visit. Not very helpful when I am looking for Christmas presents for my wife that I don't want her to know about. Before the update I didn't have any problems at all. On Microsoft Answers it has been suggested that I should report this to Microsoft as a bug. Before I do that has anyone else updated and experienced any problems please? 

• Moderators

Look at clearing 'saved form information'  as well as saved passwords.

Some sites save passwords in forms.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

In IE is that Autocomplete Form History in CCleaner because I have never had to tick that box before the Fall Update. Something has changed since the Fall Update because I haven't changed any of the IE or CCleaner settings. Thanks for your reply.

• Moderators

in the Falls update, MS changed a lot a things, that could have included repositories that CC has yet to catch up with.
so with CC not yet cleaning something is not nice, but maybe explainable.

but IE, not cleaning itself when initiated from within itself, sounds broken to me.
I'm not aware that MS is even updating IE, that's why they have moved on to Edge.
I suggest one course of action is to ditch IE unless you have some good reason not to and move onto a more modern, secure browser, like Firefox, Chrome, Opera or (hell even) Edge.

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

• Moderators

6 hours ago, mta said:

I'm not aware that MS is even updating IE, that's why they have moved on to Edge.

The cumulative update KB4051963 for Windows 10 issued 30th November is primarily for IE11 (and a few other things)

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/4051963/windows-10-update-kb4051963

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

mta and hazelnut, thank you very much. I haven't touched any settings and previously when I cleared passwords I would always have to log in again to all of my password protected web sites with the exception of my Microsoft accounts which for some reason seem to be permanently logged in.  I appreciate your comments mta but I understand IE and have so many folders and files stored in "Favourites" I really couldn't face a change although I do have EDGE on my computer but don't use it.

hazelnut I will look at this update and see what I can find, many thanks.

• Moderators

no worries, if IE rocks your boat, that's fine.
I will say though that importing your favourites into another browser is not only easy, but actually well handled due to those other browsers wanting no excuse not to capture new users.

for example, in Firefox, part of the installation process will ask you to import your IE favourites and put them into a From Internet Explorer folder under the Bookmarks menu.
(the term Favourites becomes Bookmarks under Firefox, Chrome and most modern browsers)

Thanks mta.  I have downloaded the update, cleared passwords using IE and CCleaner and I remain logged in to my password protected sites, so no change. I think I will have to succumb to this bug reporting procedure to MS.  I really have better things to do.

• Moderators

what's your CC version?

Yes, thank you, and I am afraid that a lot of this is technically beyond me.  They talk in a different language. I found some undeleted cookies in Internet Options/Settings/View Files and deleted them manually but don't understand why CCleaner and IE are not deleting Passwords and Cookies.  MS and Piriform need to look into this.