converting probs

fidd70

wonder if anyone can help my pc crashes everytime i try to convert something eg divx to dvd or mp3 to wma no matter wot prog i use

could it be my windows xp with service packs etc ?

is there something i can disable in order to sort this ?

any help would be greeeeeat !!!!!!!!!!

Install a more powerful power supply.

The current power supply is under powered so installing an enhanced power supply should fix the problem

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

Or it could be any other random bad hardware. Start with a memory test program first, as it doesn't involve needlessly buying random parts. You can make a bootable CD-ROM or bootable floppy via that link. Let it get to Pass: 5 before hitting escape. It should take up to 2 hours to get that far.

Also, what kind of crash is it? Does the program crash? Does Windows reboot instantly? Is there a blue screen of death?

Configure your computer to create crash dumps:

Start > Run > control sysdm.cpl,,3 > Startup and Recovery > Settings > uncheck "Automatically restart" and set "Write debugging information" to "Small memory dump (64 KB)". The dump directory is usually set to %SystemRoot%\Minidump

If you find any files in C:\WINDOWS\Minidump after getting a blue screen of death, PM me and I'll tell you where you can email them so I can debug them and find out what's wrong.

Click here if CCleaner Issues are re-appearing

DjLizard.net

DjLizard.net wiki

Dial-a-fix

Dial-a-fix tips

DjLizard.net software support forum

Do you live in Bradenton, Sarasota, Tampa, or St. Petersburg, Florida? Visit Digital Doctors where I work :)