November Desktops

mta

• Moderators

looks like October was simply forgotten about....

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

• mta pinned this topic
  • 3 weeks later...

Same for November, it's ignored so far.  :( 

When a topic is locked the forum member can't go back and delete an image.  In the past I could call up "My Attachments" and delete the old ones.  Don't remember that I ever encountered an undeletable one?  For sure I deleted many of the old desktop screenshots. 

I have 5 images posted on the forum, 2 of which are already undeletable.  These 5 take up 29 percent of my quota so I'll have to be careful about attaching things in the future. 

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.

• Moderators

Can't you delete images from within your profile settings?

Click your profile name, then click My Attachments. Then again use with caution, trying to mess around with it crashes my browsers. Probably start using an image hosting site instead.

• Moderators

nope, in Profile > My Attachments there is no delete option.

and anyway, if you did delete it, does that render the post it's in useless?

I can only delete them by opening the post they're in and editing it.  Not an option for closed topics like all the old monthly desktops or a PM i had with a member named griswold, who is now gone and the pm is deleted. 

edit:  mta, in the past the post would be OK, the attachment just wouldn't be there. 

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

• Moderators

Nope, can't delete them anymore, not even ancient ones from many years ago. If they can't be deleted and are considered to be "permanent" I wonder why there wasn't an increase across the board for all members in the MB amount that can be uploaded, silly that it isn't and yet a prime reason to use an image hosting site.

I really think it would be good to put those tick boxes back to delete attachments.  Also the post numbers. 

• Moderators

I do miss the post numbers.

On 11/25/2017 at 6:19 PM, mta said:

nope, in Profile > My Attachments there is no delete option.

and anyway, if you did delete it, does that render the post it's in useless?

I contacted Admin about those 2 undeletable attachments yesterday. This morning when I logged in there was a little trash can sitting out beside them. I clicked it and BINGO they were gone.  Now says I have used 303.75 kB of my 1.95 MB attachment limit, or 15 percent. 

Still no tick boxes to delete the other 2 pictures, but maybe that will come.  Don't need them deleted, just hoping to eventually have an easy option to do it. 

Pretty quick response, especially considering that there must be tons of software issues being ironed out. Thanks to the admin folks. 

They certainly are!  Woo hoo!

Doesn't take much to get me excited these days. :P