CCleaner Community Forums
philipdp13

v 5.36.6278 not clearing internet explorer

The latest update doesn't seen to be clearing my Internet Explorer browser history properly.  All the appropriate boxes are ticked, so I'm not sure what the problem is.

Anyone have any ideas, please?

Thanks

Philip

This problem has already occurred once. It was fixed in the update program. But as we wait for the updates to be seen...

Mine used to hang for a while on IE history.

As I never use IE there was no history to be cleaned so I just unticked it.

I'd considered turning it off but there is always some odd thing that disregards default browser settings every once in a while, and very rarely will i test something in IE. By the time i would turn it off completely, i'll be entirely somewhere CCleaner cannot follow. If the hanging reaches my mild annoyance threshold, i may disengage it temporarily. I'm just a bit curious whether it is CCleaner's "fault", or something with the OS / config which mysteriously changed.

Never found out just what was causing it,

best guess was that changes made to IE/Edge in Windows 10 meant that CC had to be changed, and this somehow slowed down the checking of IE history.

If you have disabled it and want to do a one off clean (after using IE to test something), then just right click the greyed out 'history' in CC and clean it from there.

(Right clicking  on any single category will give the option to ananlyse/clean it, whether it's ticked or not for 'standard' cleaning)