SAVING FILES AFTER RECUVA SEARCH

jlhamon

RECUVA recovered a small portion of the all of the files that disappeared from my desktop (they had NOT been deleted). When I try to save them this pops up:     "Do you want to restore to the same drive? (This can reduce the chance of successful recovery)".  I made the mistake of selecting desktop and was filled with a lot useless blank files that I had to delete one by one. Where exactly can I save recovered files?                     

• Moderators

I would recover them to a separate folder on any drive or partition that isn't the one you're recovering from. This won't miraculously fill your blank files with relevant data though.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

What is a possible drive for not the same drive?  Well any external drive large enough to contain the files such as a USB external drive is what I tried to use. So what happened, it allowed me to select all of the files, identify the drive and the location on the drive and then hung up. I finally told it to cancel so the program dumped and 36 hours of recovery down the tubes. I noticed that it has several other problems as well. It had scanned all of the files on all of the drives on the system, not the ones on the drive that I wanted. That one comes up with unknown file system now after it failed to recover. I think these programs modify the drive and destroy the info. If your data is important, better get a pro to fix it - don't mess with these apps.

• Moderators

JD, nobody minds you complaining about Piriform's products, but please do it in one thread. Posting in multiple threads is tedious, repetetive, and won't get you any more or better answers (I have a feeling that you're not looking for an answer anyway). I haven't the time at the moment to respond to any of your posts but your first offering - at a quick read - seems riddled with errors and misconceptions.

• 2 years later...