Cord Cutting Only Sucks If You’re Trying to Replicate Cable

hazelnut

• Moderators

Some interesting thoughts here.

The cord cutting pushback has begun. Wired, The LA Times and even my own colleagues have all argued that cutting the cord is starting to lose its luster, and that as more companies break off into their own streaming services (instead of putting their content up on Netflix), cord cutting will soon be just as expensive as cable.

https://www.howtogeek.com/327599/cord-cutting-only-sucks-if-youre-trying-to-replicate-cable/

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators

Imagine $9.99 or £7 per channel. Even more than that for some. Cable will have to increase it's cost every year, I figured because of the streaming of channels. You will have to pick and choose what few channels you want. But, what about data caps on your internet? That does need to go away.

Your Friendly Neighborhood Piriform Forum Moderator

Quick Links: CCleaner Products | CCleaner Documentation | Knowledge Center | Downloads | Lost License Key

• Moderators

Currently I couldn't "cut the cord" even though I use Dish Network which isn't cable TV.

The major issue I have with streaming at 1080p HD (don't have a 4K TV yet, and I seriously doubt my DSL is fast enough for 4K) is some of the abysmal artifacts and just downright trash looking dark scenes due to the massive compression but to be fair even Dish Network can have that at times too. Although with streaming during the first few minutes of starting the stream it looks the absolute worst, that's why I'd prefer to have an insanely huge buffer but that's not a setting I've found using Amazon Prime (at least not on the PS3 and PS4, and not on their gizmo you can hook up to an HDTV). That and I find it just as difficult to find something worth watching on Amazon Prime, which has allot of "low rent" rubbish on it.