Xmarks Bookmark Sync 4.5.0.1a (FF 56.0) forgets login after clean

bobperry

Win 10 (64bit)

CCleaner 5.35.6210 (64bit)

Updated (FF Extension) to Xmarks Bookmark Sync 4.5.0.1a (development version) in Firefox 56.0 (64bit) to be compliant with new FF release.  After cleaning with CC it requires me to re-enter login info even though "remember me" is checked.

Is there a file that I can exclude to prevent this?

Thanks!

Bob

• Moderators

Can you post an screenshot of your ccleaner firefox section (on the applications tab)

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators

Never mind you're the same poster from another thread that lists those. Let me know if the sessions fixes this as well

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators

Not sure if this helps with Chrome.

In one recent FireFox version I found that I had to uncheck "Saved Form Information" as well as "Saved Passwords" before it would remember logins properly.

Another trick that often works if the login fields are blank is to click the Login Button anyway, this gives a failed login but refreshes to a page where the login details are filled in.

Of course you have to have saved your password to the browser for this to work.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

I finally got the blasted thing working (I guess) this morning. I've looked in logs and prefs.  I disabled all extensions in FF56.0 and only enabled Xmarks.  I even opened Tools/Options/Privacy&Security and clicked "Saved Logins" to see if there was anything in there (there wasn't).  Cleaned and re-started.  There is a large (32 character) alpha-numeric cookie that I "kept" and now, after much travail, seems to sync my bookmarks.  So I guess it was the weird "cookie" and not a FF profile issue.  I'm not really sure at this point.  Will cross fingers.

Lastpass / Xmarks used to be a good company, but now seems flaky and unconcerned about communicating with it's users.  I know that there will be a lot of confusion in the next several versions of FF and I can't wait until things stabilize in Jan/Feb.

Thank you all for your help!  I consider this issue solved and really a Xmarks code problem.

• Moderators

I think at the moment it's more to do with FireFox at the moment.

Lots of changes to the underlying code, and more to come with v57/Quantum.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043