CCleaner Community Forums
Sign in to follow this  
thenaikan

Ummm...

The point is that 5.35 has a new digital signature which is why I suggested it because then you wouldn't get the MSE alert for it.

Please have a read here

https://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=48905&do=findComment&comment=286688

I know this will have been distressing for you all this which has happened with Ccleaner, it has also for other users such as myself.

However I believe that this will all get sorted and lots of lessons will be learned and discoveries made.

It has turned out that this event was part of a malware/backdoor attempt at huge companies all over the world not just ccleaner.

Hopefully you may change your mind and stay with us.

There's still a HUGE problem somewhere. I admit I'm still highly pissed right now and I have to shut down the computer and go to bed before I can get this problem straightened out and that's if I can fix it. This issue has completely *ucked up MSE for me. I managed to run a scan and remove this threat. Updating virus definitions won't work and I can't even get "help" to work on the MSE program. I get an error about the application can't be found.