Ccleaner 5.33 Installation issues

Mainman407

I need some help!!!

About 6 months ago my HDD went south. After replacing it, I began reinstalling programs such as Ccleaner and others. Yet, after the software installed (the installation went like clock work) and I clicked to RUN the software, a dialog box appeared with the following notification:

Opening ccsetup533.exe

The exception illegal instruction

An attempt was made to execute an illegal instruction. 

(0xc000001d) occurred in the application 0x0053e693

Click on OK to terminate the program

Click on CANCEL to Debug the program

I've tried to DEBUG the program by clicking on CANCEL but nothing happened.

My OS is Windows XP Pro/ SP3. Again, my system is old but Ccleaner has worked great right up until my HDD went out. Now I am hardly able to get any software to run without receiving an "illegal instruction" notice.

By the way, my Motherboard is a Gigabyte Socket A type with an AMD 1.2GHz CPU. I also have 3-gigabytes of Memory. So as I stated, earlier Ccleaner versions (up to v.3.22 ) have worked just fine on my system until my HDD went south.

hello mainman407,

we had similar threads near in the past with older cpus without sse2 support

please try version 5.26 or earlier

https://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=48024&hl=%2Bsse2+%2Binstructions&do=findComment&comment=281866

or

https://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=48329&hl=%2Bsse2+%2Binstructions&do=findComment&comment=283600

By the way, my Motherboard is a Gigabyte Socket A type with an AMD 1.2GHz CPU

with this cpu you need perhaps an very earlier ccleanerversion like 5.26

but on all ways ccleaner v4.19 should work fine :) -> the last version with the old gui

Versions of CCleaner Cloud; Introduction Ccleaner Cloud;

Ccleaner-->System-Requirements; Ccleaner FAQ´s; Ccleaner builds; Scheduling Ccleaner Free

Es ist möglich, keine Fehler zu machen und dennoch zu verlieren. Das ist kein Zeichen von Schwäche. Das ist das Leben -> "Picard"

earlier Ccleaner versions (up to v.3.22 ) have worked just fine on my system until my HDD went south.

you mean v3.22 or 5.22?

Versions of CCleaner Cloud; Introduction Ccleaner Cloud;

Ccleaner-->System-Requirements; Ccleaner FAQ´s; Ccleaner builds; Scheduling Ccleaner Free

Es ist möglich, keine Fehler zu machen und dennoch zu verlieren. Das ist kein Zeichen von Schwäche. Das ist das Leben -> "Picard"