Removing Sp2

New_Age

Ok, Installed WindowsXp Professional with Sp2 on the CD. The Removal for Sp2 was not found in Add/Remove nor is it listed in Ccleaner. I did some search on Google on how to remove it. I found some to copy/paste into run. The things I copy/paste were or could not be found. Is there any other way beside me having to reformatt or repairing?

Note: Repairing would be my last thing I would want to do.

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit Edition | COOLER MASTER Centurion 590 with 4 120mm Blue LED FANS 1 Regular 120MM FAN and a Custom Window Side Panel | AMD Athlon II x4 2.6GHZ Stock| XIGMATEK HDT-S963 92mm | ASRock A780GXE/128 | G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) @800MHZ | CF 2 XFX 4850 1GB @GPU940/MEM1005 | 320GB/OS 160GB/Storage HDDs | LG CD/DVD SATA | Rosewill 600W 2 12v Rail@44 | Ccleaner, Defraggler | Malwarebytes', SUPERAnti-Spyware | Avira AntiVir Personal | Google Chrome v3/4, IE8

Ok, Installed WindowsXp Professional with Sp2 on the CD. The Removal for Sp2 was not found in Add/Remove nor is it listed in Ccleaner. I did some search on Google on how to remove it. I found some to copy/paste into run. The things I copy/paste were or could not be found. Is there any other way beside me having to reformatt or repairing?

Note: Repairing would be my last thing I would want to do.

If SP2 is embedded then you can't remove it. When you dowload SP2, for example, you can remove it various ways. If your CD says "Windows XP Professional with SP2" you have to keep SP2.

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

If SP2 is embedded then you can't remove it. When you dowload SP2, for example, you can remove it various ways. If your CD says "Windows XP Professional with SP2" you have to keep SP2.

The CD i'm using came from a guy who works in Fort Brag in North carolina. The CD was made by him. He is the guy who works on the network there. I think there was something wrong because early my MP3 was not detected as an MP3 Player. It was detected as a Digital Camera but I fixed that problem yesterday. Anyways, looks like I'll have to keep it until I get some. No big deal but thx for the Info

I didn't know that. :mellow:

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit Edition | COOLER MASTER Centurion 590 with 4 120mm Blue LED FANS 1 Regular 120MM FAN and a Custom Window Side Panel | AMD Athlon II x4 2.6GHZ Stock| XIGMATEK HDT-S963 92mm | ASRock A780GXE/128 | G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) @800MHZ | CF 2 XFX 4850 1GB @GPU940/MEM1005 | 320GB/OS 160GB/Storage HDDs | LG CD/DVD SATA | Rosewill 600W 2 12v Rail@44 | Ccleaner, Defraggler | Malwarebytes', SUPERAnti-Spyware | Avira AntiVir Personal | Google Chrome v3/4, IE8

Any help at link below?

Remove SP2

Wonder if anything could be hidden from the add/remove list.Try the tip below.

Windows Explorer>Tools>Folder Options check Show hidden files and folders.

Open sysoc.inf in the C:\WINDOWS\inf Then press Ctrl+H to open the Replace Wizard.

In Replace Wizard:

Find what: ,hide,

Replace with: ,,

Doing this should show any hidden items in add /remove.

The CD i'm using came from a guy who works in Fort Brag in North carolina. The CD was made by him. He is the guy who works on the network there.

You may not have a standard version of Windows. See this article US military gets its own secure version of Windows

Edit: P.S., If you do have an unauthorized copy of the military version, you may have bigger problems than uninstalling SP2.

You should not remove SP2 because it comes with many patches and improvements that makes Windows better and fixes many security vulnerabilities.

US military rely on a closed-source commercial operating system?

LOL!

firefoxblue4yw.gif

button_b.png hydrogen2nr.png

80x15_3.png

You should not remove SP2 because it comes with many patches and improvements that makes Windows better and fixes many security vulnerabilities.

US military rely on a closed-source commercial operating system?

LOL!

that's just funny because i've always seen thing on slashdot such as the US Military using Open Source and other things.

that's just funny because i've always seen thing on slashdot such as the US Military using Open Source and other things.

Well, they probably use many different systems. And a little both maybe. But that the military is using Windows, heh... :P

firefoxblue4yw.gif

button_b.png hydrogen2nr.png

80x15_3.png