No icon for savings defrag after completed

After I complete a defrag there is no icon to click for saving a defrag after it is completed.  If I close down my computer at night and restart the next morning, the previous completed defrag goes right back to zero one as if I had never defragged the night before.  Help  Dr. Richard Muzik 

• Moderators

A defrag saves the files as it goes along, that is the whole point.

Defragmenting takes files that have been saved in different places on a Mechanical Hard Drive, (even files that have been split into more than one piece), puts them together, and saves them back all together in a more orderly manner.

Some things to remember:

• You cannot defrag files that are currently in use by your computer. (Use the 'boot time defrag' option to defrag system files).
  • Your computer is creating and modifying files all the time. So as soon as a defrag is finished your computer will create/modify files fragmenting them again.
  • Shuting down your computer will save a lot of files to disc, these will probably be saved fragmented.

And one very important thing -

Defragging is all about optimising data read times on a spinning mechanical disc drive.

If you have a SSD (Solid State Drive) then trying to defragment it will change nothing. (But will degrade your SSD if you do it often enough).

SSDs work differently than Mechanical Disc Drives, they do not need to be defragged, and should not be defragged.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043