Display Bugs - Missing Button Text, No Properties Text, No Map Text (Defraggler 2.21.993 64-bit Pro)

Team,

I'm missing some text in DeFraggler Defraggler 2.21.993 64-bit Pro running on Win7x64 Pro:

First, image defraggler-bug-1.jpg:

o Under the Drive Map tab (I think) I get the Edit Settings button text, but do not get the color label text.

o Also I don't know what's in the box below that.

o Also sometimes not even the color labels show, nor even the Edit Settings button... I have to hover my mouse over that, sometimes just a few show, sometimes all--see defraggler-bug-4.jpg

Next, image defraggler-bug-2.jpg:

o There's a button under drive status, beneath the Disk Health.

o I think this was the check disk thing? Not sure, because no text is displaying.

o There's also no text in the Properties section of same.

Also included the Help/About info in defraggler-bug-3.jpg

This happens from the moment I start the program. I don't even need to Analyze or Defrag.

Here's what I've tried:

I've changed my Windows theme.

I've removed my Windows Fonts registry key and re-added all the fonts, no change.

I've uninstalled DeFraggler, upgraded to Pro (why not, I use Piriform stuff constantly), and installed.

I reboot daily because I'm old-fashioned.

I do not have this problem in other software.

Bug isn't a show-stopper, Defraggler still works perfectly fine. But if it's reproducible for others, it might lead to lowered confidence in trial users.

Good luck!

post-79380-0-14288500-1498757287_thumb.jpg

post-79380-0-99624500-1498757287_thumb.jpg

post-79380-0-59802800-1498757288_thumb.jpg

post-79380-0-37128800-1498757289_thumb.jpg

• Moderators

I know you have uninstalled and reinstalled, but did you delete the contents of Program Files\Defraggler as well, and reboot the PC before re-installing?

(just throwing the option out there) :)

also (another straw-clutch), reinstall with the PC in Safe Mode (hell, it may make a difference)

and welcome to the Forum.

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

Ah, I did not manually delete the folder nor reboot before reinstall, thanks for the reminder!

(No seriously, thanks, it's a reminder that I've gotten out of the desktop support era of my IT career for so long that I'm forgetting the semi-basics! :D)

Uninstalling now, confirming folder deletion and will leave me a sticky note to reboot in safe mode for reinstall tomorrow morning.

Finally got the opportunity to boot in safe mode and install. Partial success.

After installing in safe mode (after having uninstalled before the reboot), the display bugs are gone... but only if I boot to safe mode.

If I boot to regular mode, the display bugs return.

Really odd, but apparently not affecting anyone else (or at least not enough for them to come looking for it).

Ah-HAH! That's what the advice in changing themes has always missed, and I only noticed it when you said "default theme."

I said "Why, I AM using the default one that Windows 7 starts with!"

So then I changed to one of the "Basic Themes," instead of an "Aero Theme."

That does indeed fix the issue.

Now, I love the "Aero" themes, and being able to preview windows as I alt+tab or mouse over them in the task bar. But it does indicate that I'm having some problem with Aero and Defraggler.

Worth noting, I don't get this problem with other Piriform products.