New .NET version available

Willy2

nice

another thing that i´ll dont use B)

Versions of CCleaner Cloud; Introduction Ccleaner Cloud;

Ccleaner-->System-Requirements; Ccleaner FAQ´s; Ccleaner builds; Scheduling Ccleaner Free

Es ist möglich, keine Fehler zu machen und dennoch zu verlieren. Das ist kein Zeichen von Schwäche. Das ist das Leben -> "Picard"

• Moderators

I installed it without any problems.

All you have to remember is to install it on its own on a Win 7 machine. It usually fails if you install it alongside the other updates. That is why it is usually shown as unticked in the 'updates to be installed' list that you are shown when you ask if there are any updates for your machine.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

- Didn't install it yet. Although I have downloaded the Stand-Alone version for Windows 7 and the appropriate language package.

- Whenever possible I always download the individual update installation files. It allows me to install Win 7 without going out on the internet (think: viruses and other malware).

System setup: http://speccy.piriform.com/results/gcNzIPEjEb0B2khOOBVCHPc

A discussion always stimulates the braincells !!!

- Didn't install it yet. Although I have downloaded the Stand-Alone version for Windows 7 and the appropriate language package.

- Whenever possible I always download the individual update installation files. It allows me to install Win 7 without going out on the internet (think: viruses and other malware).

i will download the offline-version for later for w7 and 8.1

i dont install it, because i dont need it yet or in near future. + no software no security updates

Ccleaner-->System-Requirements; Ccleaner FAQ´s; Ccleaner builds; Scheduling Ccleaner Free

Es ist möglich, keine Fehler zu machen und dennoch zu verlieren. Das ist kein Zeichen von Schwäche. Das ist das Leben -> "Picard"

I installed it without any problems.

Hi hazelnut.  This is a little bit off topic, but here goes: I'm developing my program using .NET Framework 4.0.  I gather you have Windows 7, would you know if most Windows 7 users would have .NET Framework 4 or higher due to updates from Microsoft? 

• Moderators

I gather you have Windows 7, would you know if most Windows 7 users would have .NET Framework 4 or higher due to updates from Microsoft? 

I don't know if Win7 has it by default, but if it doesn't realize allot of people dislike it - to the point they won't install it or software that requires it, sort of in the same disliked boat as Java.

I don't know if Win7 has it by default

According to the info at hazelnut's link, 4.0 (or later) needs to be installed on XP, Vista SP2 & 7 SP1.

I decided to use .NET Framework 4 and not a later version in order to include XP users, even though they would need to install .NET Framework 4 (later versions cannot be installed on XP).  On advice from some programmers I was informed that it's best to not develop in .NET framework earlier than 4.0 in order to take advantage of better coding.

Andavari, I agree that some people will skip my program if they need to download .NET Framework 4 but hopefully this will not stop too many people.

w7 sp1 have as default net.framework 3.0 or 3.5

https://msdn.microsoft.com/de-de/library/ff637712(v=azure.10).aspx

on my xp i dont have installed net.framework 4 because it seems to slow down my good old system, normally i have there 2.0 sp2 installed. on all other systems i do install only that version that i need (my w7 has only 3.5)

i have all versions up to 4.5.1 as offline-installer and the others i will download ...

- Installing .NET on a XP system is a nightmare. One thinks that the installation has failed becasue it takes so much time.

- .NET v4.7 is a good reason for a new SPECCY version.

- Installing .NET on a XP system is a nightmare. One thinks that the installation has failed becasue it takes so much time.

I do believe you're right Willy2.  A long time ago I did install .NET Framework on my XP system and if my memory serves me right, it did take a long time.   :wacko:

• Moderators

.Net Framework updates alone take forever to complete on XP because of that god awful service Microsoft .NET Framework NGEN v4.0.30319_X86 ("mscorsvw.exe"), it can literally just sit there "optimizing" for 45 minutes, then restart the computer and it's doing it again - it's more noticable if .Net Framework has had too many updates and has become corrupted, although corruption in it can also cause updates to completely fail. That's why that service on my system is set to Manual, along with another service .Net Framework 4 installs and annoyingly always wants running which is Windows Presentation Foundation Font Cache 4.0.0.0.

Hence the reason Razz why I stated allot of people try to avoid it, it can cause a ton of issues let alone all the updates for it. I've often been on download sites and seen software that requires it, and then read the user comments and many state they won't download it because it requires .Net Framework.

on my xp i have exactly one app that use net.framework -> in this case net.framework 2.0 sp2

all other software i dont need and use -there are other alternatives :-)

only for testing reasons i have installed all net.Frameworks from 1, 1.1 -> 2 -> 3 -> 3.5  to 4 and tryed different apps, but after this and as willy and andavari says, it gives many updates, there´re needed a lot of time. also there are installproblems/errors... in the end i have xp new installed and only with net.Framework 2.0 sp2.

after uninstalling the unwanted versions there are usually following problems -> especially if you want reinstall a version -> in my experiences there are often errormessages and aborts...

That's why that service on my system is set to Manual, along with another Service

i make it too

Off topic, but interesting - Operating System market share as of May 2017:

https://www.netmarketshare.com/operating-system-market-share.aspx?qprid=10&qpcustomd=0

post-22722-0-97166600-1498173590_thumb.png

Windows 7 makes up say 50% of the market and Windows 7 comes with .NET Framework 3.5 installed (assuming 7 with SP 2).  .NET 3.5 can run on 85% of Windows without additional Framework install (10, 8.1, 8 & 7).  Looks like I should have targeted 3.5 instead of 4.0   :huh:

It's too bad that .NET Framework is such a major hassle for XP users.  The problem I have is that in 2008 when I asked programmers what programming language is a good choice for window applications and for novices, VB.NET was recommended to me.  It's the only code I know a little about - not much, but a little  :unsure:

Andavari, I guess I can't ask your opinion on my program when it's ready.  That really is too bad.  Seriously.  I would have liked that.

• Moderators

after uninstalling the unwanted versions there are usually following problems -> especially if you want reinstall a version -> in my experiences there are often errormessages and aborts...

The best way to uninstall it is using the .Net Framework Cleanup Tool. I've used it before and it saves you from having to format and reinstall Windows just to get .Net Framework working again - this was a few years ago, and I swear by that tool because it simply works. The problems were caused by .Net Framework 4 and the ton of updates it requires.

nice tool :) i used it as last before i installed xp sp3 clean again

- on my old xp i couldnt reinstall version xy from net.framework after using this app, framework aborts with errormessage... "it is still there..." or similar :wacko:

• 3 months later...

- Noticed something interesting/odd. When one downloads one ".NET security & quality rollup" from the MS Update Catalogus website, then one downloads 4 seperate files. The entire "Rollup" contains 4 files. 2 files then are for one specific .NET version and 2 for all .NET versions.