CCleaner not emptying recycle bin

I am running Win 8.1 in Bootcamp. I have CCleaner Pro. My Recycle Bin shows to be empty in Windows, however, when I run CCleaner, it shows that 414 files have been cleaned every time I run CCleaner. How do I get CCleaner to permanently delete these files?

• 6 months later...

I use CCleaner to clean things up at the end of each day and was having the same issue in Win7 Pro, CCleaner Free v5.38, and discovered the reason the program wasn't emptying files from the Recycle Bin. Go to Options/Advanced and you will see "Only delete files in Recycle Bin older than 24 hours" with a check box. The box was checked by default, I unchecked it, and have had no further issues. Hope this helps.

• Moderators
On 1/5/2018 at 17:33, Ballyshannon said:

Go to Options/Advanced and you will see "Only delete files in Recycle Bin older than 24 hours" with a check box. The box was checked by default, I unchecked it, and have had no further issues. Hope this helps.

Sometimes it can also be caused by a corrupt Recycle Bin. For people with that issue there's the Corrupt Recycle Bin topic with solutions.

On 1/7/2018 at 06:07, Andavari said:

Sometimes it can also be caused by a corrupt Recycle Bin. For people with that issue there's the Corrupt Recycle Bin topic with solutions.

Absolutely. Thanks for adding that possibility and discussion link. In all the years I've been using Windows, I've never encountered a corrupt recycle bin (knock on wood), but know it can occur.