Analyse does not work

SnowOwl

Hi everyone,

I am new to all this. I have downloaded CCleaner a couple of weeks ago and I tried to use it a couple of times. I am now at the point that I have been thinking of just deleting it, but before that I wanted to try to resolve maybe the issue.

I am not much of a computer crack. The Issue part seems to work just fine even if I did not dare to use it really much as I am not sure if I should make a registry backup.

Now to the problem: Whenever I am pushing: Analyze its not listing anything. I cannot believe that I have no cookies or whatever on my computer which are to removed. I have Windows 98 SE. Not sure if that can be the problem. I am using the version V 1.28.277

Thanks a lot for your help and time

SnowOwl

Hi SnowOwl. Welcome :)

I'm not sure why Analyse isn't working for you. The only suggestion that I can think to offer is updating/installing VB.

Hope that helps.

K

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

Thanks kit86lr,

Issues is working so I think its not a problem of VB. But I will maybe give it a try.

SnowOwl

Thanks Greenknight,

this is why I would like to use Analyze. I would like to know what the cleaner is cleaning. Cause I don't want that ccleaner deleletes something I still use.

SnowOwl

Hello. I am also having the problem where Analyse is running (bar shows solid blue after) and no results are displaying below. When it run the analyse button turns to cancel, then after its finished it turns back to analyse again (with solid blue bar at the top remaining).

I did as was suggested and did the download and install of VB. Same result.

I use Windows ME.

I've referred CCleaner to a few Win98/98SE users, and none of them can see the results from running Analyze or Run Cleaner the first time. When they run Run Cleaner immediately afterwards, the results displayed appears with '0 bytes removed'.

Pretty standard CCleaner bug. It never works on any of the Win98/WinMe systems I've ever installed it on either.

Click here if CCleaner Issues are re-appearing

DjLizard.net

DjLizard.net wiki

Dial-a-fix

Dial-a-fix tips

DjLizard.net software support forum

Do you live in Bradenton, Sarasota, Tampa, or St. Petersburg, Florida? Visit Digital Doctors where I work :)