Ccleaner removing IE7 Uninstall Entries

Xero

CCleaner removed my IE7 Uninstall entry, therefore making me unable to remove IE7, causing catastrophic problems. I used System Restore which got my system back to normal, but want to warn members and the makers of CCleaner. Please come up with a new version that does not delete uninstall entries, or advise how to make CCleaner not delete uninstall entries.

CCleaner removed my IE7 Uninstall entry, therefore making me unable to remove IE7, causing catastrophic problems. I used System Restore which got my system back to normal, but want to warn members and the makers of CCleaner. Please come up with a new version that does not delete uninstall entries, or advise how to make CCleaner not delete uninstall entries.

Which version are you using?

The latest version, 1.28.277, should no longer have this issue.

PM AndyManchesta. He uploaded the IE7 uninstaller folder somewhere.

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

Thanks for that info! I think I was using 1.27, so it was probably my fault for not reading up on it. Is it safe to check every box now?

As far as I know, there have been no complaints about the new version. You may want to do a System Restore check point or a registry backup first just in case.

Yep this should be fixed in the latest release. Also we had a warning posted about this exact issue. :)

http://forum.ccleaner.com/index.php?showtopic=3951

No rridgely. The ie7 unistaller IS a hotfix uninstaller. Therefore, CCleaner will remove it. MrG fixed the $hf_mig$ folder being removed.

Do not use the hotfix uninstaller option if you're using IE7.

As far as I know, there have been no complaints about the new version. You may want to do a System Restore check point or a registry backup first just in case.

Yep. Back it up. Because you'll be in for a can of worms if you don't.

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

Here's a replacement IE7 folder if anyone needs it (Approx 8MB)

$NtUninstallie7b2pmx$.zip

Instructions to remove IE7 using the uninstall command and a list of files Ccleaner removes is here:

IE7_RemovedFiles.txt

Thanks Andy. That should help a lot of people!

haha...yeah, like you! ;)

Hi Joiner (Brian) ,

I only checked the IE7 problem after reading your email so Im glad its easy to repair by just replacing the folder and will leave the link on until its fixed incase its needed again.

All The Best

Andy

haha...yeah, like you! ;)

TantrumBoy makes an unexpected and unwelcome return appearance!

tatrumboy2rv.jpg

I just thought that accidently deleting my XP partition, reformatting my hard drive, reinstalling XP, and downloading over 50 updates including SP2 on dialup over two sleepless days and nights would be just as easy as using Andy's application :blink: !

I guess there's just the tiniest possibility I was wrong...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It didn't work here... It said that I had to run it with the same account as which I installed it with...

I'll try the Re?nstall Windows XP SP2 fix.. (Only the service pack)

It didn't work here... It said that I had to run it with the same account as which I installed it with...

I'll try the Re?nstall Windows XP SP2 fix.. (Only the service pack)

Bummer. Let us know if that works for you.

Hi Elf

Do you have more than one account on your system and are you running from the Admin' account ?

Does it display the message after you type the uninstall command into the Run area or at another stage of the uninstall ?

Andy

Hi Elf

Do you have more than one account on your system?

Ah. I didn't know that's what he meant. :unsure: Sorry, Elf.

No Problem

I did actually remove the file as I didnt want people with IE Beta3 using it by mistake, when I signed into my email last night there was 6 emails from different people asking where the files are and if I can upload them again. They were only removed for about 8 hours so it shows its effecting alot of people. The files will stay up now until the new version of Ccleaner is released as that should hopefully fix the beta uninstall issue

Regards

Andy

unfortunately for me. it still hasnt worked. it keeps telling me to change to the account that i originally installed the program. but how can i switch to another account when the computer has only got one account? (MINE!) i know i installed the program on my account. (the admin account)

heres a pic of what it says,

post-5180-1152005008_thumb.jpg

Hi PS3

Try this tip from the IE7 release notes

http://msdn.microsoft.com/ie/releasenotes/default.aspx

Internet Explorer 7 Fails to Install from Specified User Account -- If you see an error message saying you cannot uninstall Internet Explorer 7 from this user account, and you're sure it's the account you used to install, or the original installation account has been removed, you can bypass the check by:

Click 'Run" and type 'regedit' from the Start menu

Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft]InternetExplorer

Right click the 'Internet Explorer' key, choose 'new', and then 'DWORD value'

Enter 'InstalledByUser' as the name and hit 'Enter' to finish creating the new register key

Retry uninstalling Internet Explorer 7