Numerous software on discount at Megaleechers

razz

I just came across  

http://softwarediscounts.megaleechers.com/

I know nothing about Megaleechers but noticed quite a few discounts on software that some of you may be interested in.

@ Andavari - I noticed Panda discounts.

The image below only shows the last part of the list - i.e. the list is much longer.

post-22722-0-62605800-1491948936_thumb.png

• Moderators

@razz,

just make sure your malware protection is pro-active when clicking on those 'coupons'.

great discounts (if legit) but also a great way to spread their crapware.

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

Not a site I'd use personally.

I'm not in the market (at least not at the moment :) ) to buy any software, so I won't be using the site.  Just thought that for someone in the market to buy, it may be worth checking out.

@razz,

just make sure your malware protection is pro-active when clicking on those 'coupons'.

great discounts (if legit) but also a great way to spread their crapware.

Very good point.  I will keep that in mind if I ever use the site in the future.

• Moderators

Never heard of them, and I wouldn't shop on a site I'm not familiar with! If I were to buy an antivirus I'd get it from a trusted source directly from the software maker website, or Amazon, or NewEgg.

The site looks OK. All you really do is click on get coupon and it gives you a code. Some require you to get a account, though.

A good way to determine if a site is clean is to use Virustotal URL checker, which uses 60+ different web protection engine, including some third party ones, like Spam404 and Phish Tank. What I usually due with new sites/files that I find is send it to Virustotal right away, then I wait about a week and will scan it again, because if a AV engine doesn't know about the file or URL, Virustotal usually sends data to the company for them to analyze it.

Anyways, VT flags it clean and the report before mine was on the 9th so I would assume it is safe: https://virustotal.com/en/url/9d2d412562f9efc8268e22ba5677a3012dcbb3722634ccf6a2094c8f23984126/analysis/1492035816/

I am a maintainer for Winapp2. I also have a open-source group on Steam.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/opencommunity

A good way to determine if a site is clean is to use Virustotal URL checker,

Thank you Rocknroll, I am indeed aware of VirusTotal and in fact used it to scan the URL. Like you, I assume the site is safe but I also understand Andavari's point of view regarding downloading from, what I assume he means, "a long-time" trusted source.

Thank you Rocknroll, I am indeed aware of VirusTotal and in fact used it to scan the URL. Like you, I assume the site is safe but I also understand Andavari's point of view regarding downloading from, what I assume he means, "a long-time" trusted source.

It isn't really a site you buy from, like Amazon or whatever. It just gives you coupons you can use and you can use them anywhere. For example, there is a coupon for CCleaner pro and when you click on copy coupon, it will just give you the code. You can also click "buy now" and it will just take you to CCleaner site.

if you don't feel safe, just avoid the ones that make you get an account or something, but the coupons can be used anywhere.

I am a maintainer for Winapp2. I also have a open-source group on Steam.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/opencommunity