CCLEANER running forever

Igohida

I'm running CCLEANER on Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit SP2 - Intel Core2 Duo CPU T6500 @2.10GHz, 4.0GB RAM - in safe mode - I started it yesterday (3 Apr 2017) @9:30am - it is now (4 Apr 2017) @9:30am - it has been at 19% now for the last 24 hours and still running. I know it is running because the file names are changing - it is in the System Temporary Files. I have never run CCLEANER before on this PC which is 7 years old. Buying a new one at this time is not an option so no rude comments about that please. Can anyone tell me if this is normal for this software to take this long? Will I get my laptop back? How long does it normally take to run this software? Should I just let it continue doing its thing?

Addendum: it is 11:00am Apr 4, 2017 - surprise- CCLEANER has reached 100% - finally. 26 hours later WOW!

• Moderators

Did you have any of the secure delete options on?

Did you have Wipe Free Space on?

If so, and since it's the first time you've ever used CCleaner on a 7 years old PC then it could take a very long time to cleanse out old temporary files, etc.

If that was the first time your computer has had any serious amount of cleaning, now you'll probably need to defragment your hard disk(s).