Include S.M.A.R.T. in CCleaner

Andavari

• Moderators

I can see how a lot of users would like such quick access to SMART from within CC.

so, would you go a step further and pop up a message along the lines "You have requested a WFS but SMART indicates your drive has errors?",  with a Continue or Cancel response?

personally SMART is not a process I have had any level of faith/trust in.

it's an indication at best of current values, it sadly doesn't report on the rate of change of those errors.

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

• Moderators

so, would you go a step further and pop up a message along the lines "You have requested a WFS but SMART indicates your drive has errors?",  with a Continue or Cancel response?

I don't know. I think Piriform could make it as simple or as complex as they'd like, however:

It would be interesting if it was available standalone via clicking a button to get into it, and if it were also combined as an option to enable or disable with the monitoring.

That way there could also be automatic S.M.A.R.T. monitoring which could notify users of problems like overheating hard disks via a temperature monitor, and also display the temperature. Although I don't know what such a feature would do to the resource requirements of monitoring.