Delete my account

jibi049

• Moderators

Which is the same information we gave you in june of 2015

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

Well I didn't remember I already posted here. You see in Belgium and France we have laws that allow consumers to have their privacy respected... Such a shame other countries don't apply such things. Thanks anyway, I will just change my password to avoid finding it on another russian website.

• Moderators

You see in Belgium and France we have laws that allow consumers to have their privacy respected...

There is a difference between respecting your privacy and "right to be Forgotten" and the content that you yourself post openly for the whole world to see.

If you have put any of your personal details in public view then that's your own decision/mistake.

As soon as you put anything online it will be scanned, copied, and filed on their servers, by Google, Bing, Yahoo, DuckDuckgo, Amazon, Wikipedia, and many other search engines and bots.

This is how they work, Google and the rest wouldn't be much good if they didn't catalogue everything so that it showed up in searches.

If you want to get something removed from everywhere then good luck with that.

This is also why forums let you use any username you like, so you don't have to use your real name.

If you no longer want to take part then just stop posting and let your account go inactive.

You've probably had more people look at your profile since you posted this than ever would before.

If you had'nt posted everyone would have forgotten about you.

If you are bothered about the possibility of your password or email addy being hacked, then just change them to some junk that you are never going to use again and forget them yourself.

The "Right to be Forgotten" as applied in the EU and many other countries is limited in just what you can ask to be removed from a website.

You can't just ask for everything about you to be removed, especially if it is something you put there yourself.

PS. You've just told everyone that you live in Belgium/France.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

• 1 month later...
  • Moderators

Hi rae and welcome to the forums,

I take it you don't want your forum account closed but rather you ran CC and it removed some Chrome info you didn't want it to.

Did you tell CC to keep any Chrome cookies, and did you uncheck the section dealing with Chrome on the Applications tab of CC?

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.