file and registry masks

mogli

Hello everybody!

Is there somewhere a more extensive explanation of all the mask possibilities than in the CCleaner help?

Some example questions:

From the help:

FileKey1=%userprofile%\My Documents\a-squared\Reports|.

FileKey2=%programfiles%\a-squared Free\Logs|.

What does that match? All files with a '.'? But then why use longer '*.*' elsewhere?

Why a construct like 'path|*.*|REMOVESELF'? If the folder is removed so is it's content, isn't it?

How to detect if a folder is not empty?

DetectFile=path\*

DetectFile=path\*.*

Will the latter also match empty subfolders? If so why doesn't the '.' prevents that?

Can the ';' also be used for registry keys? Why not?

I could go on with such questions for a long time so it would be easiest if there's an extensive documentation somewhere.

• Moderators

Hi mogli, and welcome to the forum.

For a lot of info on that subject, I would suggest the best possible place you could look is the first post here ...

https://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=32310&do=findComment&comment=175835

... and in particular the "How to make your own Winapp2.ini entry!" section.

I would point out that the "Winapp2.ini" file mentioned is a user generated file (and project) and is not in any way supported by or updated by Piriform. And any discussion on that subject is strictly limited to that particular thread.

Other than that, it probably contains all the guidance you're looking for.

Hope that helps.

:)

Hi DennisD! Thanks for the answer.

However I did read the piriform help and the post you mentioned and inspected the builtin winapp/winreg/winsys.ini as well as the winapp2.ini before asking my questions. So if I haven't overlooked something the answers aren't in it.

I would like to learn the underlying programming language/pattern matcher so to build my own contructs. The available documentation is insufficient for that.

Does CCleaner support some well defined language/pattern matcher like regular expressions, CleanerML, etc.?

• Moderators

Sorry squire, I can't help you other than the above.

Would if I could, but it isn't something I'm into at all, and I don't think there's anything other than where you've already looked.

You may get something from one of the other guys, but as we're all volunteers here I would be surprised if anyone had anything more informative than that topic.

But, you never know.  post-8751-0-20333800-1480541484.gif

• Moderators

My advice would be to download the winapp2.ini file from the topic, inside it is a ton of cleaners you could study to see how cleaners are made by users. It's the best way I know of to learn how to make your own cleaners.