PortableApps - how to configure CCleaner to check & clean all apps in the portableApps USB stick?

andreask

PortableApps - how to configure CCleaner to find & check & clean all apps in the portableApps USB stick?

I am using PortableApps.com for most of my applications - so CCleaner will not clean most of my applications.

Is there an extension package / prescription / tool, to additionally point CCleaner to the PortableApps folder on the USB stick?

If there is none, I suggest automation of this as a feature request.

Thanks a lot!

hello,

i have found an older usb drive with u3

i mean you go on your u3stick --> system/apps/  <-- this is hidden

there are all apps you have on your usbdrive in separate folders.

but as far as i know, possible there are no temps ;) because for less drive usage and longer drive life

but if nevertheless: perhaps you can use the ccleaner-include-option if you know what to clean

Versions of CCleaner Cloud; Introduction Ccleaner Cloud;

Ccleaner-->System-Requirements; Ccleaner FAQ´s; Ccleaner builds; Scheduling Ccleaner Free

Es ist möglich, keine Fehler zu machen und dennoch zu verlieren. Das ist kein Zeichen von Schwäche. Das ist das Leben -> "Picard"

Hey!

thanks a lot for your answer.

i mean you go on your u3stick --> system/apps/  <-- this is hidden

there are all apps you have on your usbdrive in separate folders.

Perhaps we speak about different things? In the PortableApps.com scheme, the folder with all the apps is (not hidden, and is):

T:\PortableApps

e.g

T:\PortableApps\FirefoxPortable

T:\PortableApps\OperaPortable

T:\PortableApps\ThunderbirdPortable

etc.

and most cached files are not in C:\temp or C:\windows\temp, but below those folders named above inside \Data\, e.g.

T:\PortableApps\ThunderbirdPortable\Data\profile

but if nevertheless: perhaps you can use the ccleaner-include-option if you know what to clean

The idea (of my feature request) is actually not needing to "know what to clean" but ...

... offer a scanner, which scans

T:\PortableApps\

and then maps the results (a list of all installed portableApps) to the already known CCleaner knowledge about those apps.

So that their cleaning can be automated. Perhaps in a separate tab, like CCleaner --> Cleaner --> [Windows, Applications, PortableApps].

I think that feature request would greatly improve the scope of this -already fantastic- tool CCleaner.

Thanks for considering it. Happy to answer any questions.

Andreas

• Moderators

Ccleaner works using a detectfile or detectreg. Portable apps run on drive letters other than c

So ccleaner wouldn't know where to look

What you can do is make your own that cover the t drive. I've done this for my m: drive. Use winapp2 file and create entries based on the exported winapp file

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com