CCleaner IE History stuck

TheOwner

Very often happens to me. I run CCleaner and for about 10 seconds cleaner stuck when clean IE history. Older version created windows event error log, but this seems fixed. My version is 5.24.5841, Win 7 x64. It is bug or this happens only me? Thanks

• Moderators

just to clarify - CC does do the job, it's just baulks for a while at cleaning IE history?

does this relate at all; https://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=47334&p=277953

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

just to clarify - CC does do the job, it's just baulks for a while at cleaning IE history?

does this relate at all; https://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=47334&p=277953

Ccleaner v5.23.5808, Windows 7 SP1... The version of Internet Explorer I have (but *NEVER* use) is v11. I pretty much *only* have it, because it's a requirement for Skype. (I use Firefox/Palemoon for my browsers.)

What happens is that Ccleaner will ''hang'' on the IE section of the cleaning, for a while (from 1min to several), before going through it and continuing.

Do note that I do NOT have the 'Internet Explorer' program open, only Skype, and all it ''cleans'' is always a bunch of 'Temporary Internet Files' and a few 'cookies' apparently. Under barely 1.3Mo of small files.

Ccleaner v5.23.5808, Windows 7 SP1... The version of Internet Explorer I have (but *NEVER* use) is v11. I pretty much *only* have it, because it's a requirement for Skype. (I use Firefox/Palemoon for my browsers.)

What happens is that Ccleaner will ''hang'' on the IE section of the cleaning, for a while (from 1min to several), before going through it and continuing.

Do note that I do NOT have the 'Internet Explorer' program open, only Skype, and all it ''cleans'' is always a bunch of 'Temporary Internet Files' and a few 'cookies' apparently. Under barely 1.3Mo of small files.

The same for me, except i never use IE browser or skype, so i dont uderstand how windows create those cache files and history.

• Moderators

I'm wondering if other MS programs, like Skype, are also using Temp Internet Files folder.

Also wondering if other browsers, say Chrome, adhere to the Control Panel, Internet Settings settings for the default web cache location.

Perhaps they look at Temporary Internet Files to store their cache.  I believe that location under Win10 is now AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache which is symbolic linked as Temporary Internet Files.

just throwing ideas out there...

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

• 2 months later...