Recovered images don't open

Macchiavello

Hello guys!

I'm trying to recover some images from a cell phone, using Recuva 1.20.361. When I do a scan for *.jpg files, many are found, then I recover to my pc all those marked as Excellent. But then I can't open them form the pc. The file names are complete, the date is accurate, but nothing shows. I've tried to open them with Windows Picture Manager, ACD See, and Corel Photo Paint, but nothing works. There must be at least a piece in those files that is viewable, some are of a large size. Anyone knows an application to view incomplete or maybe damaged image files?

I've tried to download the latest free version of Recuva, but it doesn't work when I try to install it. Is it because I'm using Win XP SP2?

Thank you!

• Moderators

Yes the latest recuva likely need service pack 3

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators

Hi Macchiavello, and welcome to the forum.

Have a try opening your stuff with "IrfanView". I've had success opening damaged pics with it in the past. It's opened pics with only half the image displayed.

IrfanView (portable version: no install required)

May not work for you but well worth a try, and if you do open anything with it, then save each image off within Irfanview as a new jpg.

Good luck.  :)

Hi,

Thanks for sharing. Every file that gets deleted may be overwritten by other files. Though you were able to recover some files, there is no warranty that all images survived the deletion. In your case it looks like your pictures got damaged while they were deleted.