ccleaner does not react to "Uninstall"

John Grey

In the "ccleaner"  list of installed programs I find NVidia GEforce. When I click on it, on the right, in the list of options, "Uninstall" appears in blue as do rename and delete (repair remains grey).

As I do not want this on my computer, I click on Uninstall.... but nothing happens at all, no uninstalling starts no pop up, and: NO other options are offered....

How do I go about uninstalling this?

Thank you! JG

• Moderators

have you tried doing it the ol' fashioned way, via Control Panel, Programs and Features.

CC should initiate the same uninstall process as the Control Panel approach.

if that also fails to uninstall NVidia, there should also be an Uninstall entry in the NVidia folder in Start, All Programs that you can try.

and as a last resort, I'm pretty sure I've used in the past a 'removal tool' you can get off the NVidia website.

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

• Moderators

I have noticed sometimes in the CCleaner uninstall list that the first item I highlight and click uninstall for seems dead. I play about about with the clicking and then it works.

Are you sure about uninstalling Nvidea GeForce?

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

have you tried doing it the ol' fashioned way, via Control Panel, Programs and Features.

CC should initiate the same uninstall process as the Control Panel approach.

if that also fails to uninstall NVidia, there should also be an Uninstall entry in the NVidia folder in Start, All Programs that you can try.

and as a last resort, I'm pretty sure I've used in the past a 'removal tool' you can get off the NVidia website.

Nope.... none of this worked. I ended up downloadung an "update", which uninstalls everthing and then I chose just to install the two drivers I actually do need, and stopped automatic updates....

Thank you

I have noticed sometimes in the CCleaner uninstall list that the first item I highlight and click uninstall for seems dead. I play about about with the clicking and then it works.

Are you sure about uninstalling Nvidea GeForce?

Yes, I am sure, I do not like companies collecting data from my computer and installing whatever they see fit...