Recuva FAT32

Léon

On my mp3-player I found some very old files, after cleaning the empty disk space with CCleaner. Recuva says: "Excellent condition". Then, after "safe remove" with Recuva it says "File was removed". But 5 minutes later again: "Excellent condition".

Does Recuva (and also CCleaner) only work with NTFS (?), because this state of affairs I cannot understand.

• Moderators

Excellent condition means that the file's clusters aren't being overwritten by another file. When the clusters are overwritten by Recuva, the program can state that the file has been securely deleted/overwritten/removed. However if Recuva is stopped and restarted, it has no way of knowing that it overwrote the file previously, so it states that the file is in excellent condition.

@Augeas: your explanation sounds as if nothing can be said against it (thank you).

But, until now, after wiping free disk space with CCleaner, I always saw a rather empty list of files: only the recently created. So, how can files in free disk space of 2 years ago be shown after cleaning free disk space?