Does Hiren's Boot CD 15.2 really contain all its claimed utilities?

Ghobar

Hello

From http://www.hirensbootcd.org/download/ I have downloaded HBCD15.2 which is 592.5 MB. At the beginning of "HBCD.txt" it has said...All in one Bootable CD which has all these utilities. Also in http://www.hirensbootcd.org/hbcd-v152/ we see this list.

But it is not the case that all the utilities listed in "HBCD.txt" and in http://www.hirensbootcd.org/hbcd-v152/ are present; only some of them are there. For example, let me discuss Hard Disk Tools. When I boot to HBCD, I go to Dos Programs>Hard Disk Tools.... There are three pages of hard disk tools. But there is no "Maxtor amset utility 4.0" in these three pages, although it is mentioned in the list of utilities. 

So where are "all these utilities"?

Do you know the answer to this question?

Regards

Ghobar

• Moderators

You asked..

So where are "all these utilities"?

and I guided you to the one you mentioned :)

Others are listed too

http://www.hiren.info/downloads/freeware-tools/

Hirens has many tools on its CD, perhaps they only put the most used ones on disc but make the others available for download.

Either way it's a great cd to have around.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

perhaps they only put the most used ones on disc but make the others available for download.

I already knew what you linked. Maybe you are right in saying that "perhaps they only put the most used ones on disc but make the others available for download". I did guess so. But they have claimed that "All in one Bootable CD which has all these utilities". Maybe it is not true! Anyway....

Something about the utilities after download: Do you know how they should be integrated to hiren's boot cd?

Hi Ghobar,

I don't think Hirens is really meant for that sort of use i.e. running the tools as standalone, sure you can do it for some but the idea is you download it and burn/copy it to a bootable CD or USB.  You then boot your computer using Hirens instead of the OS on your hard drive, where you are given a menu (essentially a boot menu for multiple OS's) where you can make selections on what to run.

It's like a live CD with a choice of environments to start up into and depending on what you choose you can then run some of the utilities (but only the ones pertaining to the environment you selected).  The difference here between a normal live CD and this is that Hirens is designed to be able to access the HDD with your regular OS on it for maintenance/troubleshooting etc, it's not really designed as a checkout this OS type thing like a live CD is.

Hi Ghobar,

I don't think Hirens is really meant for that sort of use i.e. running the tools as standalone, sure you can do it for some but the idea is you download it and burn/copy it to a bootable CD or USB.  You then boot your computer using Hirens instead of the OS on your hard drive, where you are given a menu (essentially a boot menu for multiple OS's) where you can make selections on what to run.

It's like a live CD with a choice of environments to start up into and depending on what you choose you can then run some of the utilities (but only the ones pertaining to the environment you selected).  The difference here between a normal live CD and this is that Hirens is designed to be able to access the HDD with your regular OS on it for maintenance/troubleshooting etc, it's not really designed as a checkout this OS type thing like a live CD is.

Hello Noesis,

thank you.

Do you have any idea about the problem in the first post?

Oh ok I just looked at mine within explorer and what you're after is within the Maxtor folder within Dos\HDDtools.7z - how you get to it from the boot menu I'm not really sure but if memory serves me correctly not everything is listed in the menus - I'd be inclined to just use the option to boot to dos without actually selecting a utility from the menu (I'm pretty sure there would be an option in the menu for that) and then navigate to the folder above and run from there (the 7z is likely to show up as a folder probably be in a ram disk but I'm not really sure), but I suggest reading whatever txt files are in the Maxtor directory too, the program you're looking at is command line only and you'll need to know what options you want to use. Sorry I can't be much help it's been a long while since I used it and when I do I tend to use the linux or winxp aspects of it.