"This Program (CCleaner 522) Stopped Working" Win10 PRO/64

moonsam

New Issue- CCleaner stops working after about 15 secs of cleaning. Windows is fine.

System

I have win10 pro 1511 64 bit, build 10585.589, intel dual core, running 2ghz,with 4 gig memory.  I am an old user of the Ccleaner for many years.  today is the sep 18, 2016 and on friday I got the latest automatic update from MS for Win10.  I had the latest CCleaner update 5,22.  I run Firefox with "clean and click" for the incognito mode, I also run the spybot search and destroy "antibeacon" for the cutting off the telemetry to everybody, and I run "recuva", "system ninja" and "Ccleaner" simultaneously, for years. I have the "ccleaner enhancer" also onboard for the extra kick.  I even run multiple CCleaners at once to hurry up things.  I have done this for years and never had a problem with any of them crashing or making the system act up.  This is only for informational purposes to contribute to the program.  I will post this as a new thread in the bugs.  Just wanted to share how to fix the crashing of ccleaner that I just figured out last night.

Problem

CCleaner for the first time ever, now CC crashes with the message, "this program stopped working" popup, every time I run it alone, or in conjuction with any other utility.  CC will crash around the time it is getting to the "internet cache or history" it is not always the same place, but after many runs, this seem to be the common place that makes is crash. 

After downloading CC522 multiple times, deleting it with everything that deletes, (including CCleaner, which according to AVAST, still left 3 more CC files on my system...?)  I downloaded, one at a time, the last four older version of CCleaner to see if it would go away.  It did not.  So, I reloaded the CC522 and started a process of elimination.  I finally found that, if I go to the CCclean menu in CCleaner and go to the firefox section (second tab in CC, first group) If I uncheck the clear the "internet history" box, this  stops the crashing problem.  Now all works great, except the "clear internet history".  If I check the box again, it crashes. That's it! FIXED! (sort of).

Maybe someone can check this out.  I know I dont get tech support because I am a free user. So I'm not expecting anyone to rush back to me and tell me anything.  It would be nice.

Thanks anyway.

PS.

New Quirk (ohh, let me add the annoying little new quirks in the program from recent releases.

1: when Firefox clears all the history (with click and clean app on firefox, on my PC on incognito mode.) it attempts to start Ccleaner automatically at the end of the process. But is not able, because, I, one time, about 3 updates ago accepted a full CC full trial version and this now prompts for a product code that interrupts the Start the CC process as a command line from inside Firefox.  I have since downloaded the free older CC versions multiple times and it still calls for a product key in a pop up. I have to click on the cancel to get it to go away. It also does it when I try to start the CCleaner on it's own. the program will not start without additional clicks to cancel the popup. 

2: when CCleaner starts, it does not give the option to start the cleaning process immediately. The button is gray. After several minutes, it then turns blue and then you can start the cleaning.  So you cant walk away,  Why is this now the process.  It is doing the analysis before it starts, I get it, But let it do the internal scan after I push the button.)