CCleaner for Android and Android 6 Marshmallow restrictions on Samsung S5

johnm27616

Recently when I try to use CCleaner for Android, I get the following error message:

"Android 6 Marshmallow

Due to restrictions in this version of Android, Cache and Processes can only be cleaned manually"

Previously, I have been using CCleaner with this phone (Samsung S5) without any problems (Screenshot of current problem attached)post-76946-0-87033100-1472239678_thumb.jpg

• Moderators

Hi johnm and welcome to the forum.

You say you've been using CCleaner with that phone without problems, but you don't say as to whether that was with Android 6 installed.

I say that because Android 6 is still in the process of becoming available on a number of manufacturers Android phones and I don't know the state of play with the Samsung S5.

I can't find any system requirements on the CCleaner Android support pages, so if you can confirm that it was working OK with Android 6 Marshmallow installed, I'll take it from there.

Thanks.   :)

EDIT:   I've just read a couple of reviews on the Google Play Store stating the same thing about CCleaner and Android 6, so I'm guessing you've just upgraded to Marshmallow.

There is a CCleaner Android update in the pipeline but I can't say as to when at this time.