If I join CCleaner must it be renewed every update/year

I've been looking for this answer but cannot find the answer ( I probably overlooked it which is  NOT uncommon for me, getting old I guess)  but Must I renew every year/update if I purchase CCleaner premium or better ( still deciding which I want).  I've been using the free one for many years and have donated in the past ( not much sorry, I'm broke :(  But I am interested in upgrading as it even as a free A great program.  I appreciate you reading this post and answering if you know.  Thank you  Ed

Subject should have renewed/repurchased/ paid again  sorry just noticed that :(

• Moderators

coincidentally Ed, this has come up recently; answer can be found here; https://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=46658&p=274697

or to spin it to your question more specifically: after the year is up, the license expires, but the product is still fully functional, you just lose what the license gave you; priority support, cleaning all users, monitoring etc.

so, Yes, you must renew every year to retain the extra benefits of the Pro version.

and welcome to the Forum.

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

• Moderators

Good luck with the wife convincing....  not an area I have a great success rate with.

But, happy wife, happy life I say.

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

• 2 years later...
On 2016-07-13 at 15:24, mta said:

coincidentally Ed, this has come up recently; answer can be found here; https://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=46658&p=274697

or to spin it to your question more specifically: after the year is up, the license expires, but the product is still fully functional, you just lose what the license gave you; priority support, cleaning all users, monitoring etc..

ummmm....can you please expand on the "...etc..." you wrote? All the provided links are legaleze and not clear.....just in plain language with a comprehensive listing for etc?...and losing monitoring is not a bad thing, it is annoying H E double hockey sticks. :-)

Tx

• Moderators

Mta, is wrong, you DO NOT lose cleaning all users or monitoring.  All you lose is priority support and auto-update.

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

Tx...and I just noticed, a licensed copy of CCleaner in the Pro Bundle shows an available update to v5.48.6834, currently v5.24.5841, runs the update download but still shows the old version even with multiple attempts and restarting the program.

Another computer does the same only is currently v5.46.6652. What gives...any ideas?

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, BillieB0B said:

Tx...and I just noticed, a licensed copy of CCleaner in the Pro Bundle shows an available update to v5.48.6834, currently v5.24.5841, runs the update download but still shows the old version even with multiple attempts and restarting the program.

Another computer does the same only is currently v5.46.6652. What gives...any ideas?

https://support.piriform.com/hc/en-us/articles/360018683371

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

Thank you....and of course nothing is simple. I have different UI's on two Win10Pro HP laptops....one has the Quick Clean side menu, one does not. I have not yet noticed any further differences, but they both have the same version number.....??? I tired the quick clean and not impressed at all so won't use it, but the face the same version presents differently in two separate installs does not make me very confident in the program.

• Moderators
16 minutes ago, BillieB0B said:

Thank you....and of course nothing is simple. I have different UI's on two Win10Pro HP laptops....one has the Quick Clean side menu, one does not. I have not yet noticed any further differences, but they both have the same version number.....??? I tired the quick clean and not impressed at all so won't use it, but the face the same version presents differently in two separate installs does not make me very confident in the program.

The Quick Clean is a 'Feature Preview' they are trying out on random people when they download. You can opt not to use it but get no say on whether you are one of the 'chosen few'

You can switch to Custom Clean via Options.. Settings.

I personally don't like the fact that Piriform have not posted full info on Quick Clean so users can see what is going on.

After the fact is too late as far as I am concerned, and I don't want a simplified dumbed down version of CCleaner.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

• 5 months later...