CCleaner

john god

I used CCleaner a couple weeks ago. Everything whent good. What I want to know is: I now have 3 files in my documents cc_200603. What do I do with these? Can I delete them? I haven't used or touched them.

Thank-You,

John God

• Moderators

Those cc_###.reg files are backups/undo files of the Issues (registry cleaner). If you haven't noticed any problems after a few days they're most likely safe to delete, personally I never create any .reg backups when prompted to do so by CCleaner, but then again I always create a daily backup using ERUNT as that's the only registry backup I fully trust.

• Moderators

ERUNT doesn't work with Win98, however my RegTools98 will. I've used my RegTools98 for years therefore they won't screw up a system if you follow the directions in readme.txt, in other words don't use the batch files that are only for usage in MS-DOS mode. Mind you I've only tested them on Win98 not Win98SE.

Download:

For all who didn't know: Windows 9x (all versions from 95 to Me) makes 1 registry backup per day during the first successful boot of that day. You can type 'scanreg /restore' in MS-DOS mode (tap F8 before the Windows logo appears > Command prompt only) to invoke scanreg's backup system. It will show you a list of .cab files which work not unlike Windows XP's System Restore. It restores win.ini, system.ini, system.dat, and user.dat to whatever date you select in scanreg.

Also, within Windows, you can do: Start > Run > scanreg

...and it will allow you to make another backup, even if it had already made one for that day.

Click here if CCleaner Issues are re-appearing

DjLizard.net

DjLizard.net wiki

Dial-a-fix

Dial-a-fix tips

DjLizard.net software support forum

Do you live in Bradenton, Sarasota, Tampa, or St. Petersburg, Florida? Visit Digital Doctors where I work :)