Add comments to items on Include/Exclude list.

Plexi

Hello,

I have just joined the forum and this is my first post. I have used CCleaner for many years, but in the last few months
I was having some issues.

I use Torch Browser (built on Chrome engine) and I use a specific extension called FVD Speed Dial
that makes image dials to my favourite sites under various categories. Over the past few months
CCleaner, started wiping out these dials (which never happened before).

The extension on every browser bootup, would take a few minutes to try and retrieve the dials and restore them.

I played around with CCleaners' Exclude list to find the path and stop this happening, but had no success,
because I still wanted to clean out browser cache, history etc BUT protect my speed dials.

Today, I found my solution, the correct path, and now it works fine, WHICH.....leads me to my suggestion for CCleaner.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The image below is the Exclude list panel when entering a path. Is it possible to add an extra field for adding comments?

This would be like any good programmer who always adds comments to his code, functions, variables etc.

post-76480-0-80790300-1466589411_thumb.jpg

In this image below, I have shown what it might look like afterwards. This would help users, who add paths
to the Include / Exclude lists. By glancing at the comments, it tells you why you have excluded/included the path/file.

post-76480-0-33636000-1466590432_thumb.jpg

That is my suggestion and I apologise if it has been suggested/mentioned before.

Thank you.

icon.gif   -   A program is only as good as the data put into it.

• Moderators

+1 to adding in comments!

-------

Months ago I made a pinned topic to protect Chrome/Chromium settings. What you've reported about the settings getting wiped out adds to the confirmation that folder should be excluded by default. People have also reported in the Chrome Store about settings for extensions not saving, etc., for a long time - albeit most don't know why their settings are getting removed and instead blame the extension developer(s).