Loss of all data!

putnik

I have a Sony Vaio BGN-S5M/s laptop and XP SP2. It uses a Roxio program for writing to CD's. CCleaner is set to secure delete.

I copy/pasted a folder called "Archive"containing 698Mb of my data files of all kinds to a blank CD. The files copied across ok and the wizard closed. I noted that in the recycle bin there where 700Mb of old files in an application directory suffixed ".../CD burning", so I ran CCLeaner to secure delete them.

A few days later I looked in the archive folder on my computer and found that ALL files had been overwritten by blank data.

I copied the files back from the CD, so the copy functioned ok. I repeated the backup process onto another disc for further security. The same thing happened again.

I don't know if this is a Roxio problem or CCLeaner, but it is certainly very serious. Can you help?

Well, CCleaner deletes the contents of the recycle bin (there is an option that you can tick it on/off).

But CCleaner dont put it in the recycle bin.

Maybe Roxio is a crap piece of software that put it in recycle bin.

ps. Sony sucks!

firefoxblue4yw.gif

button_b.png hydrogen2nr.png

80x15_3.png

Well, CCleaner deletes the contents of the recycle bin (there is an option that you can tick it on/off).

But CCleaner dont put it in the recycle bin.

Maybe Roxio is a crap piece of software that put it in recycle bin.

ps. Sony sucks!

I expected CCleaner to delete files in the recycle bin. I did not expect my active files to be overwritten with zeros...

After windows copied the files to the CD it left some (supposedly) temporary files in the recycle bin. These are in an "applications" folder suffixed with "...\CD burning". But why deleting these affected my ordinary files, I do not know.

Try it for yourself!