Tool back to windows 7 home prem

battiestkitty

I've inherited a laptop (dell latitude 10 ST 2) and it has win 8.1 pro on it. Yuk to the nth degree. Anyway, I would like wipe and go back to win 7 home prem. I have an original install disc from when I upgraded my desktop several years ago. I have no files on the laptop that are of any importance, so backing up what is on there now is not important. Not entirely computer savy, so what do I do? The laptop only has one USB port and I have a ext disc drive.

take a look in your bios 

--> bootoptions --> is there "usb-dvd" or similar?

Versions of CCleaner Cloud; Introduction Ccleaner Cloud;

Ccleaner-->System-Requirements; Ccleaner FAQ´s; Ccleaner builds; Scheduling Ccleaner Free

Es ist möglich, keine Fehler zu machen und dennoch zu verlieren. Das ist kein Zeichen von Schwäche. Das ist das Leben -> "Picard"

To get to the bios I have to hold the volume down button while starting.  it has the option to boot but I need the "admin password" to access. This has never been changed on this laptop, so I'm assuming it's the default, I've tried admin, password, no luck, does anyone know what the default password might be?

Hi, battiestkitty.  Welcome here.  :)

Your original install disk from when you upgraded years ago probably will not work on a different model of computer. 

Your original install disk from the big box store might work, but also might create driver problems. 

Driver problems can be a pain.

Before you change the OS, think about just changing the way the desktop works, to make it act more like win 7.

If you like that, It would be a lot easier. 

I have a win 8.1 laptop that was modified by a local shop to look and act like win 7. 

It does that very well, and it retains the desirable features of win 8.1. 

Sadly, I didn't do the modifications myself so cannot advise you. 

Try a StartPage search, that might show you enough to do it yourself, or maybe other members here know an easy way. 

Edit: 

The BIOS password should be available from the Dell website or the person from whom you got the computer. 

I have no idea how to bypass it, or if it can be bypassed.  But if it can, that technique would have no place here.  :) 

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.

To get to the bios I have to hold the volume down button while starting.  it has the option to boot but I need the "admin password" to access. This has never been changed on this laptop, so I'm assuming it's the default, I've tried admin, password, no luck, does anyone know what the default password might be?

About your only resolution is to contact the previous owner to see if they can remember it.  Due to the ease in which laptops are stolen, BIOS passwords can not be easily cleared like they can on a desktop.  There is NO master password or backdoor from Dell Support that can be used to get around it.  Likewise discussions related to circumventing BIOS passwords are discouraged on most forums especially in the Dell Support Community Forums. If all else fails, just replace the motherboard. 

• Moderators

About your only resolution is to contact the previous owner to see if they can remember it.  Due to the ease in which laptops are stolen, BIOS passwords can not be easily cleared like they can on a desktop.  There is NO master password or backdoor from Dell Support that can be used to get around it.  Likewise discussions related to circumventing BIOS passwords are discouraged on most forums especially in the Dell Support Community Forums. If all else fails, just replace the motherboard. 

....And on that note I'll close this thread now.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com