Save scan report?

BluePlayer

I am using external drive 320 GBs large and sometimes it gets unresponsive, which means I need to unplug it and then plug it again in order to use it. That means two scans each of them lasting at least hour and a half.

Is there a way to save scan report and browse it even if I have my disk unplugged from the computer?

• Moderators

No there isn't, and it wouldn't be useful, just mounting unmounting a drive can be enough to change the store of removed data.

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators

Excuse me for butting in, but you can save the results list and browse it (which is what you asked) but you can't feed it back into Recuva to do a restart (which might be what you want).

• 1 month later...

Excuse me for butting in, but you can save the results list and browse it (which is what you asked) but you can't feed it back into Recuva to do a restart (which might be what you want).

Yeah, and those saved results are almost useless, depending on how many files were in it.  I ran a Deep Scan in Recuva and it returned over 1 million records.  But some 600,000+ of those records are either unrecoverable or have a poor to very poor chance of being recovered.  I saved that list of a file hoping to do a better job of sorting and pruning in ways that allow me to manage the remaining 400,000+ files but, no, Recuva apparently didn't think to save out the State information telling me which files have a chance of being recovered or not.  To be honest I only expected to find maybe 4 virtual PC files on this disk and possibly one or two other folders with 10-1000 files at most (I can't remember if I'd saved anything else to that drive other than these virtual PCs).  But 1,000,000 records?  Not sure how I'm going to pare that down to something manageable.  I tried TestDisk but it is quite arcane and not helping me.  Maybe I'll try Easus as someone else mentioned on these forums.

• 1 month later...

I have a very similar issue, only mine is with a 4TB external drive, so each of the scans takes over 10 hours.  Mine tends to freeze during recovery.  I am in huge hurry for these files, but it is frustrating when it stops and I have to kill the app via task manager, then start again.  I keep track of which files have already bee recovered by sorting them by file size.  I noticed in the last couple of scans that it has found all the recoverable files by the first hour.  The other day I had to reboot and stopped the scan and to my surprise, the results screen popped up.  I am not sure if that is supposed to happen or if it was a fluke.  I also can't remember if I hit the "X" or "Cancel" to stop it.  I am also close enough to the end of a 10 hour scan that I don't want to try my luck.