very slow clean

can-do

I am running CC cleaner and it is taking a very long time to clean 160 KB internet cache. this normally happens in seconds.

why is the location shown in CC, Users/Paul?Library/Caches/com.apple.safari.... etc    not visible in Finder

In Finder:

User/Paul/ ...........does not have , Library

Library/Caches/..........does not have com.apple.safari

looking at the blue progress bar this could take hours

help please

thank you

• Moderators

Is safari fully exited? Is itunes open (perhaps it's browser uses safari's databases idk)

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...

When I first started using CCleaner it would take a few seconds to analyze, and then no more than 30-45 seconds to clean. Size to be cleaned did not seem to matter. Today, the analyze function can take up to a minute, and the cleaning function has taken up to 7 minutes to finish. I just ran it for 150 mb and it took 51 seconds! I clean every day prior to shutting down, and I  make certain there are no applications open. I think something is wrong, but I sure don't know what it is. Can someone help? Thank you.

Steve   

The latest version of CCleaner is not operating properly with Safari.  I purchased the program yesterday, but it's still doing it.

I always force quit Safari before cleaning.  After a long start, CCleaner asks this question:

"Safari needs to close down an internal process it will restart after.  Do you wish to continue?"  I click yes.

Then it asks this question twice to unlock something:

"CCleaner wants to make changes.  Type your password to allow this."  Safari cleaning ends quickly after this function, but

the cleaning is not completed because I don't need to enter my G-mail passwords as I used to do.

Please help.  Thank you.

• 1 month later...

I am having the same exact issue. CCleaner Freee version 1.15.507, OS X High Sierra version 10.13.6. 

I don't get a prompt to close Safari, but it takes almost 15 minutes and makes me type in my password twice in order to clean. Asks for password at /Users/xxxx/Library/Safari/LocalStorage/https_secure-dcr.imrworldwide.com_0.localstorage-wal and /Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports/com.apple.WebKit.WebContent_DATE_computername.wakeups_resource.diag

Help please

Update:  even though it takes longer, it appears that the cleaning is competed from the data that CCleaner shares once the cleaning is complete.  I also know this from the performance of Safari before and after.  When Safari prompts me with questions during the cleaning, I just click cancel rather than entering my password (saves time).