CCleaner Cloud - Lack of Interest?

OLLI_S

Hello,

I wonder if Piriform is no longer interested in their product "CCleaner Cloud"?

Why I am asking?

In the past I wrote many suggestions here in the forum and also reported some bugs.

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=user_activity&mid=25440

This took me much time to write and I wanted to make CCleaner Cloud better.

But I have not yet received any answer of Piriform for months.

It seems like Piriform is no longer actively supported by Piriform.

Maybe they don't have enough customers so they let it die?

So I uninstalled CCleaner Cloud from all of my computers, because it seems like it is no longer active.

Greetings

Oliver Sahr

• Moderators

Of course it's still active. The developers only read the forum, they do not really interact here, save for collecting additional information about bugs if they are attempting to recreate.

As you have Ccleaner-Cloud I assume you have a paid license. This gives you priority support on the piriform zendesk support site where they will likely get back to any concerns you have. However, this forum is pretty much a user's forum, with the suggestions sections being a listening wall for them to gauge other user's reactions to suggestions.

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

Hello Nergal,

The developers only read the forum, they do not really interact here, save for collecting additional information about bugs

Maybe my English skills are not perfect, but wat do you mean by "save" in this content?

I understand that they collect additional information about bugs, but why is it save if they don't interact?

As you have Ccleaner-Cloud I assume you have a paid license. This gives you priority support on the piriform zendesk support site where they will likely get back to any concerns you have.

I have CCleaner Cloud free.

I wanted to test it before I buy it for my 3 computers.

While testing I had some suggestions that I made here in the forums.

However, this forum is pretty much a user's forum, with the suggestions sections being a listening wall for them to gauge other user's reactions to suggestions.

This is why I posted my suggestions in the forums (other users can enhance my ideas).

But it is very sad, when I spent hours writing them but getting no feedback.

One feature is very important for me: CCleaner Cloud should check the installed applications on my computers for updates.

See: http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=43816&hl=

If this feature will be implemented then I can talk to some friends so maybe they can introduce CCleaner Cloud in some companies.

I also know some CIOs and CTOs so I also can advertise CCleaner Cloud there.

But Piriform has not yet released any information about this suggestion.

Very sad.

Greetings

OLLI

• Moderators

Save in this case means "with the exception of a limited amount"Here's too definitions of save from a dictionary

prep. With the exception of; except: "No man enjoys self-reproach save a masochist” ( Philip Wylie).conj. Were it not; except: The house would be finished by now, save that we had difficulty contracting a roofer
You're other points are valid. I don't use ccleaner cloud, so I can only inform you that it is not abandoned.(Heck, I didn't even know the was a free one)

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

• 5 weeks later...
  • Admin

Hi OLLI_S

I just thought I'd add to Nergal's comments to let you know that the Forums are checked for suggestions and bug reports however we don't usually reply to these. Generally speaking, the suggestions are collated and passed to the team that deal with the products and their features. This means that we can't say that we will or won't implement a suggested feature in the future.

The feature suggestion that you've highlighted here is one that has been suggested to us by other people as well and it is something that is being looked at. Unfortunately, I can't tell you if this will go ahead or not because it's not within my specific remit however please don't feel like you're being ignored. If we implement a new feature that has been suggested on the Forum that we know about, we will try and post to let you know.

If you would like a specific response to a suggestion then I would advise that you contact us through the CCleaner Cloud support channels on the CCleaner Cloud website.

Please let me know if you've got any questions!  :)

Tom