sort by whether there is a preview picture or not

dohn joe

if no image shows up in the preview box, and it says "No Preview Available", then that picture is most likely too corrupted to be view-able, and should be ignored.    my deep scan for pictures has a billion results like that, with a smattering of images here and there that DO SHOW PREVIEWS.  i just want a quick and easy to way to select and recover only those few that actually show a valid picture in the preview, because those are the ones that really work and can be opened by photo viewers. 

has anyone figured out how to somehow group and collect those needles in the haystack? 

thank you so much! 

dohn 

Holy Cow that is an issue that I thought was a bug somehow! 

YES!!  Please read this Piriform!!!  Please Make it a "one-click solution" for Recuva to grab all the images that actually show a preview image.  That right off would save so much time and hassle!!!  Also, please let us sort or select more than one quality at a time:  such as by size, and then also by something else.  For example:  all pictures over 1MB and that show a working preview. 

• Moderators

It should be noted that, sometimes/verging on often, though a preview is available, the resulting files only contain the thumbnail data and provide an unsatisfactory result. Also much of the pictures recalled (at least in a full drive scan) can be trash from internet caches.

That said, this is a kinda groovy idea and, if the developers can do it, I'd dig it.

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

It should be noted that, sometimes/verging on often, though a preview is available, the resulting files only contain the thumbnail data and provide an unsatisfactory result. Also much of the pictures recalled (at least in a full drive scan) can be trash from internet caches.

That said, this is a kinda groovy idea and, if the developers can do it, I'd dig it.

Hi Nergal! 

>>> "groovy idea and, if the developers can do it, I'd dig it." 

Are there any developers actively working on Recuva?  If so, how can we ask them if they can do it? 

>>> "much of the pictures recalled (at least in a full drive scan) can be trash from internet caches" 

I'm thinking that could be solved by being able to sort by size at the same time, on top of the available preview results? 

Or maybe as something as simple (?) as a button to click on that says:  "Discard all image results under 1MB"  or  "Discard all images under 100KB" 

• Moderators

Are there any developers actively working on Recuva?  If so, how can we ask them if they can do it? 

Yes there are, and this thread is you asking them. They won't reply, but you may see it in a new version. The developers often integrate popular, viable suggestions, that are posted to the forum, into their software.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

• Moderators

Also much of the pictures recalled (at least in a full drive scan) can be trash from internet caches.

Perhaps there could be an option to exclude those from web browsers that still save images in a viewable manner instead of locked away inside a cached file, such as Internet Explorer, etc.

• Moderators

Perhaps there could be an option to exclude those from web browsers that still save images in a viewable manner instead of locked away inside a cached file, such as Internet Explorer, etc.

(AFAIK) This assumes too much on part of recuva. Without getting into the weeds, Recuva is looking at the disc as a whole, many/most of the internet trash would likey been seen as belonging to an unknown folder ( e.g. C:\? as Recuva would show it)