Can't add to recycle bin menu

Just installed CCCleaner v1.27. At options/settings, I checked both boxes to add the open and/or run option to the recycle bin context menu, but nothing happens. Any suggestions please?

Welcome Racundra. :)

Did you check those boxes after installing? If so, try rebooting your computer.

Just so that you know CCleaner v1.28 is being released today. Do not use the Hotfix Uninstaller option in CCleaner v1.27 please.

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

Just installed CCCleaner v1.27. At options/settings, I checked both boxes to add the open and/or run option to the recycle bin context menu, but nothing happens. Any suggestions please?

I have now installed v.1.28. Running on W98 and Firefox.

But I still have the problem - and ALSO CCleaner does not clean up when the PC starts - even though the appropriate box in options/settings is checked. CCleaner.exe shows up OK in the Windows config/startup menu with the box checked, and with the switch "/auto" after the filename.

jobartley515: not sure what you mean by "a limited user account"? Don't think I have one of those.

Thanks to all for any help!

CCleaner will not actually show itself on startup; it runs in the background silently/hidden and exits.

Click here if CCleaner Issues are re-appearing

DjLizard.net

DjLizard.net wiki

Dial-a-fix

Dial-a-fix tips

DjLizard.net software support forum

Do you live in Bradenton, Sarasota, Tampa, or St. Petersburg, Florida? Visit Digital Doctors where I work :)

Thanks DjLizard - but the point is CCleaner isn't doing any cleaning on startup! even though the box is checked. All older stuff such as browser history and recently used files is still there.

When I had an earlier version of CC (maybe 1.26?) it cleaned up like clockwork everytime I booted up.

If it's case sensitive I am going to die laughing and never come back!

Dude! That's not funny. Would you really not come back? :(

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

I would be embarassed (if I were the developer) if it were case sensitive, because that's just a retarded limitation... especially in an operating system where case never matters. I'd die laughing, but I wouldn't actually leave, no.

Click here if CCleaner Issues are re-appearing

DjLizard.net

DjLizard.net wiki

Dial-a-fix

Dial-a-fix tips

DjLizard.net software support forum

Do you live in Bradenton, Sarasota, Tampa, or St. Petersburg, Florida? Visit Digital Doctors where I work :)

Tested with CCleaner 1.27.xxx and 1.28.277. MS Windows 64 bit - XP Pro x64 Build 3790

The "Run CCleaner" & "Open CCleaner..." are not added to the Recycle Bin for any x64 user.

Can someone post the applicable CCleaner registry entries so I can check my x64 registry entries please ?

FYI - I do clean installs of CCleaner, log off, reboot and have also tested on a brand new x64 installation using the existing Administrator, a newly created Administrator and a limited user. These options are added correctly on my 32 bit XP installs but not on any of my 64 bit XP installs. I haven't /won't test any auto start/clean options as I don't/won't use them. TIA